Camping Key. Poor experience

replied on 09/06/2019 13:00

Posted on 09/06/2019 13:00

So, as part of making a booking through club for ferry and Red Pennant insurance, the club 'thoughtfully' have sent me a Camping Key card.

My understanding is that I can use this for id purposes at sites that accept it, and possible discounts on fees as well.

Having looked at the Camping Key page on this site, it contains a link to the Camping Key Europe website. Unfortunately this is all in Dutch as it redirects to the ANWB website . There is no obvious, and I have searched, English translation available.

Having contacted club via online chat to question this, I was redirected to another site, which does have English, but this is the swedish website and only covers Sweden. Not much use for France. I pointed this out to the advisor on the chat. Having checked all of this I was told I would have to wait for the card to arrive and use details to register using the 'app's on phone. Not ideal, but I would now have to wait.

Now the card has arrived, and eagerly accessing the app to register my details I am told "my organisation currently does not use the digital app" and suggest I contact "my organisation"

So yet again, like issues experienced with esso card promotion, the club has not checked all the details of a promotion before pushing this to members.

I now have a 'benefit' I don't know where to use or what it will give me.

I know I got it free, and don't look a gift horse comes to mind, but this is very poor service from the club.

replied on 11/06/2019 14:26

Posted on 11/06/2019 14:21 by RachelV

Hi everyone,

We are aware that the “My Camping Key” app is no longer working for any customers living outside of Sweden. The physical card will continue to be accepted across Europe.

As others have previously mentioned we changed from the Camping Card International around five years ago due to no longer being affiliated with the FICC. Due to our affiliation with the FIA we still have access to the Camping Key Europe for our members, which we have been offering with Red Pennant Motoring cover for the last five years.

Sweden are in the process of improving the app which will be tested in Sweden and won’t be available for any other organisation during 2019.  Following that testing, resellers of the CKE card (like ourselves) may be able to have access to the app.

We are aware that their website still mentions the app with instructions for downloading it so we have asked them to update their website. The official website for searching for sites that accept the Camping Key Europe is now https://www.anwbcamping.nl/thema/thema/cke This is in Dutch so I’d recommend accessing it in a browser such as Chrome (which is able to automatically translate both on desktop and mobile/tablet - more info here).

I hope this helps with planning your trip

Posted on 11/06/2019 14:26

The user and all related content has been deleted

replied on 11/06/2019 16:03

Posted on 11/06/2019 16:03

I’d recommend accessing it in a browser such as Chrome

But some dont use or won't use Chrome. wink laughing

replied on 11/06/2019 16:25

Posted on 11/06/2019 14:21 by RachelV

Hi everyone, 

We are aware that the “My Camping Key” app is no longer working for any customers living outside of Sweden. The physical card will continue to be accepted across Europe. 

As others have previously mentioned we changed from the Camping Card International around five years ago due to no longer being affiliated with the FICC. Due to our affiliation with the FIA we still have access to the Camping Key Europe for our members, which we have been offering with Red Pennant Motoring cover for the last five years. 

Sweden are in the process of improving the app which will be tested in Sweden and won’t be available for any other organisation during 2019.  Following that testing, resellers of the CKE card (like ourselves) may be able to have access to the app. 

We are aware that their website still mentions the app with instructions for downloading it so we have asked them to update their website. The official website for searching for sites that accept the Camping Key Europe is now https://www.anwbcamping.nl/thema/thema/cke This is in Dutch so I’d recommend accessing it in a browser such as Chrome (which is able to automatically translate both on desktop and mobile/tablet - more info here). 

I hope this helps with planning your trip

Posted on 11/06/2019 16:25

Can I ask why the club is no longer affiliated with the FICC?

As many in this thread have pointed out, their CCI card is a better option and is available through C&CC so why not CAMC.

Ray55 replied on 12/05/2024 18:13

Posted on 09/06/2019 13:00 by

So, as part of making a booking through club for ferry and Red Pennant insurance, the club 'thoughtfully' have sent me a Camping Key card.

My understanding is that I can use this for id purposes at sites that accept it, and possible discounts on fees as well.

Having looked at the Camping Key page on this site, it contains a link to the Camping Key Europe website. Unfortunately this is all in Dutch as it redirects to the ANWB website . There is no obvious, and I have searched, English translation available.

Having contacted club via online chat to question this, I was redirected to another site, which does have English, but this is the swedish website and only covers Sweden. Not much use for France. I pointed this out to the advisor on the chat. Having checked all of this I was told I would have to wait for the card to arrive and use details to register using the 'app's on phone. Not ideal, but I would now have to wait.

Now the card has arrived, and eagerly accessing the app to register my details I am told "my organisation currently does not use the digital app" and suggest I contact "my organisation"

So yet again, like issues experienced with esso card promotion, the club has not checked all the details of a promotion before pushing this to members.

I now have a 'benefit' I don't know where to use or what it will give me.

I know I got it free, and don't look a gift horse comes to mind, but this is very poor service from the club.

Posted on 12/05/2024 18:13

I know this is an old post but I have just received the Camping Europe Key Card after buying Red Pennant. I downloaded the app but it won't recognise the card number to register.

Any one got any solutions ?

Ray

eurortraveller replied on 12/05/2024 20:55

Posted on 12/05/2024 20:55

Ray,  Just take the card with you when you go.  It might (or might not) be useful as ID at a campsite. Wait and see. Don’t overplan. Have a good trip.

Ray55 replied on 12/05/2024 21:05

Posted on 12/05/2024 20:55 by eurortraveller

Ray,  Just take the card with you when you go.  It might (or might not) be useful as ID at a campsite. Wait and see. Don’t overplan. Have a good trip.

Posted on 12/05/2024 21:05

Hi, yes thanks apart from the first few days we never do really plan.  No it was I wondered if there had been any updates since this thread started in 2019. Since posting I have read the posts about the apps. It seems nothing has changed much there. It would have been nice to have another app on the phone to refer to. 

Ray

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook