Direct mains water feed

peedee replied on 12/05/2024 17:57

Posted on 12/05/2024 17:57

I think >this< is what you need, perhaps a caravan owner will confirm this because as a motorhome owner for the  past 20 plus years, I am a bit out of tourch with such things these days.

peedee

Cornersteady replied on 12/05/2024 18:50

Posted on 12/05/2024 18:50

Yes it is PD, some have an in line pressure reducer instead of built in like that one..

I've often thought of getting one but if the water supply on pitch is non operational for whatever reason (perhaps a frozen pipe?) the an aquaroll is still needed and is probably carried anyway for non SP, hence I use the 'other' method of a float adaptor in the side of the aquaroll. It does however saves one the trouble of getting it out in the first place of course.

To the OP, you'll probably need an extension pipe on some (club) pitches.

ChemicalJasper replied on 31/05/2024 18:33

Posted on 31/05/2024 18:33

As Peedee and Corners have said above.

You can make a float valve yourself from B&Q for £7-8 pound with a cistern valve and quick lock hose connector - I have seen kits with a small 10l break tank so you don't need a full aquaroll.

I do have one of those too and have used it in the past, but I'm always worried about the pressure regulator failing and getting an unnoticed leak inside the van (I always turn my pump off when out to stop water from the aqua roll).

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook