Campsite near Orleans

3 posts
Quote | Report

Of course it all depends on what you call a 'top notch site' with excellent sacilities. LOL  I prefer quiet! but I do look forward to seeing any posts here - I think! I have just booked three nights on the http://www.camping-olivet.org/anglais/home.html site. Never been there before but it is a municipal site and they are usually pretty good and as cheap as frites. I have used the Belle Vue municipal site at Muides Sur Loire (only a short distance away) and it is good - especially if you can get one at the edge with stunning views over the Loire.

Quote | Report

We stayed at the Municipal site at Olivet many years ago and were impressed then. If standards are the same, it will be fine.

I hate suggesting or recommending sites because we all have such different ideas as to what makes a good site … but I’ll have a go anyway……

Last week we used a small 2 star site not far from Orleans at Jargeau: Camping L Isle Aux Moulins. It is on the banks of the Loire and has a new and spotless shower block. But it has no other facilities. It is, though, a short stroll into a pleasant town. It is open until late in October.

So it does depend what you mean by “top notch” facilities. Do you want a pool / restaurant / bar etc??? There is a site fairly near Orleans which has everything you could wish for in that respect: www.lesalicourts.com. Used by lots of tour operators like Keycamp - well, it was when we were there. But it closes on September 9th. And I suspect that you may find it hard to find a site which is open in October, apart from the 2 mentioned above.

There is a site near Gien which is in the Caravan Club continental brochure and closes at the end of September, but I have never stayed there so cannot personally recommend it.

It might be an idea for you to do some on-line research about possible sites, ones which feature all the facilities you want, and which are open on the dates you need and then come back and ask if members can recommend any of those?

Your community manager

Hi, I'm Ro.Welcome to Club Together. I’m here to help you get the most out of the community.

Contact me