Nice is it nice?

10 posts
Quote | Report

I think you will find the sites pretty full along the coast in that area, that was our experience 2 weeks ago. We stayed a Camping Cigales just to the south of Cannes and although it was an ACSI site we could not get on the pitches allocated to the scheme and paid 30 euros a night for a larger pitch. It was the same further south towards St Tropez, sites pretty full especially the ACSI ones. For us the whole area was a tad too busy.

peedee

Quote | Report

We`ve been going to the South of France in September for the past fifteen years and stay at La Vielle Ferme (See Overseas Travel Service) This site is situated between Nice and Cannes near Antibies, Antibies is a Port with many of the worlds most expensive superyachts. The bus stop is a five minute walk with buses running to Cannes and in the other direction Nice change at Nice for Monaco. The time to Monaco is roughly two hours and costs.2 Euro`s, Cannes is about 45mins and 1 Euro. The station is about a 15min walk tarins run down to Cannes and through to Ventimilia on the Italian Border (via Monaco). Cost of the train to Monaco is about 14 Euro`s (bit rusty on that price) Overall prices are NOT expensive provided you go to where the ordinary residents go Nice is`nt any more expensive you can easily find meals in Old Nice at a reasonable price (I`m not saying its cheap either!). The drawback with bus travel is its very very crowded particularily around 4pm onwards. If you cycle you can easily cycle from the site to Nice along 95% cycle paths. We go in September late July / August is very crowded nose to tail traffic, the weather begins to change and become cooler usually during the last week of September. We like it because it is lively with both locals and tourists there is a lot of places both main and off the beaten track to visit. 

Quote | Report

I think you will find the sites pretty full along the coast in that area, that was our experience 2 weeks ago. We stayed a Camping Cigales just to the south of Cannes and although it was an ACSI site we could not get on the pitches allocated to the scheme and paid 30 euros a night for a larger pitch. It was the same further south towards St Tropez, sites pretty full especially the ACSI ones. For us the whole area was a tad too busy.

peedee

Write your comments here...wow €30 a night!  perhaps we might be better staying on the outskirts. 

Quote | Report

We`ve been going to the South of France in September for the past fifteen years and stay at La Vielle Ferme (See Overseas Travel Service) This site is situated between Nice and Cannes near Antibies, Antibies is a Port with many of the worlds most expensive superyachts. The bus stop is a five minute walk with buses running to Cannes and in the other direction Nice change at Nice for Monaco. The time to Monaco is roughly two hours and costs.2 Euro`s, Cannes is about 45mins and 1 Euro. The station is about a 15min walk tarins run down to Cannes and through to Ventimilia on the Italian Border (via Monaco). Cost of the train to Monaco is about 14 Euro`s (bit rusty on that price) Overall prices are NOT expensive provided you go to where the ordinary residents go Nice is`nt any more expensive you can easily find meals in Old Nice at a reasonable price (I`m not saying its cheap either!). The drawback with bus travel is its very very crowded particularily around 4pm onwards. If you cycle you can easily cycle from the site to Nice along 95% cycle paths. We go in September late July / August is very crowded nose to tail traffic, the weather begins to change and become cooler usually during the last week of September. We like it because it is lively with both locals and tourists there is a lot of places both main and off the beaten track to visit. 

Write your comments here...thanks  this site looks quite nice.  How big are the pitches? ( no mover ) :(. Also it says electric is charged per kw is that right?  

Your community manager

Hi, I'm Ro.Welcome to Club Together. I’m here to help you get the most out of the community.

Contact me