Sites in the Somerset area close to the M5

10 posts
Quote | Report

We are hoping that someone may be able to help us out with a nice site that is close to the M5 in the Somerset area?

We travelled to Torquay earlier in the year from Glasgow and stayed at the Briarfields Caravan Park in Glouchester but felt we could have done with something a little further South than this if anyone can recommend anything? 

Quote | Report

There are quite a few nice sites southward bound on the M5 around the Brent Knoll area and on the opposite side of the motorway eg Westbrook Farm and others near there on the Somerset levels. There are lots around Burnham and Brean Sands. Half an hour from the motorway I would also recommend Southfork Caravan site near Martock easy to get back to the Honiton/Exeter road from there. Probably depends on what sort of site you prefer.

Quote | Report

There are quite a few nice sites southward bound on the M5 around the Brent Knoll area and on the opposite side of the motorway eg Westbrook Farm and others near there on the Somerset levels. There are lots around Burnham and Brean Sands. Half an hour from the motorway I would also recommend Southfork Caravan site near Martock easy to get back to the Honiton/Exeter road from there. Probably depends on what sort of site you prefer.

Are these Commercial sites, brue, or are some of them CL's?

Quote | Report

There are quite a few nice sites southward bound on the M5 around the Brent Knoll area and on the opposite side of the motorway eg Westbrook Farm and others near there on the Somerset levels. There are lots around Burnham and Brean Sands. Probably depends on what sort of site you prefer.

Just looking for something with a shower and a toilet and about no more than a ten minute drive from the M5 if possible.. Its just for one night to freshen up and get our heads down.

Quote | Report

Hope you find somewhere, the CC site at Burnham is only a short drive from the motorway too, or the Wellington Cadeside site as mentioned by NellieTH. The sites I mentioned are private ones.

Thanks, brue. I thought they were but you've saved me searching all through the directory to no avail. Cheers.Laughing

Your community manager

Hi, I'm Ro.Welcome to Club Together. I’m here to help you get the most out of the community.

Contact me