Levelling ramps

26 posts
Quote | Report

We have Milenco 3 stage levellers for our MH and so far they have been superb.  They are fairly lightweight compared to the orange ones (forgotten make) that we used to have for our caravan and pack away in a robust carry bag for ease of storing. Worth a look at, forgotten what we paid for them.

Quote | Report

Have come to Motorhome ownership in the last 11 months and have found that the Milenco 3 stage are only just enough on seemenly level hard standing, will  shortly purchase 4 stage as these are in my opinion a superb product

Quote | Report

We've been motorhoming for 10 years now and very rarely find the need to use ramps at all.

Particularly on hard standing Club sites, it never ceases to amaze me why you would go to all the trouble.

Have they started manufacturing motorhomes with a severe built in slope from front to back ?

Quote | Report

I have had two motorhomes now and both have had a nose down attitude so even on a level pitch they would not be level. I have found ramps must be used if you want a level or near level motorhome. It is rare to find an absolutely level pitch, most have at least a slight slope to allow rain water run off and very often you can take advantage of this slope to help level up.

If you don't level up, waste water drainage and fridge efficiency can be affected. 

peedee

Quote | Report

We've been motorhoming for 10 years now and very rarely find the need to use ramps at all.

Particularly on hard standing Club sites, it never ceases to amaze me why you would go to all the trouble.

Have they started manufacturing motorhomes with a severe built in slope from front to back ?

Write your comments here...

You must have led a sheltered motorhoming life! I've stayed on sites all over Europe and wild-camped in many places and sometimes you simply can't find a level pitch, even on sites.

I couldn't care less about a bit of a slope, especially if it's nose down as we sleep with our heads at the rear, but there are many times when the levelling ramps change a most uncomfortable slope to a comfortable one.

As for 'going to all the trouble', I can arrive on site or a wild camping spot, my wife whips out the levelling blocks and I can be up on them in two minutes and parked up with the kettle on in five. Now that is one advantage of a motorhome!

Quote | Report

I would go for the ones that give you the most lift when needed, we use ones that proved inadequate recently. I don't like being on a slope, makes the van feel like a boat but I know some people aren't bothered by this. I can put up with it for a night but as someone has said it usually affects how things work in the van so it's better to be level. (I presume some larger vans self-level?)

Quote | Report

I've tried most of 'em over the last thirty odd years of

motorhoming  excepting the metal tubular ones . I have even

tried making my own a time or two and I'm using Milenco

Quattros now, they are as good as any and better than most.

And as to why we even bother with them well not all sites,

C.Ls etc  are built  like  Billiard Tables are they .

Brian