Bumper protection

16 posts
Quote | Report

I have a Westfalia tSwan neck tow bar,How can I protect my bumper, I have been told by the fitter that no  fixed protecter is available.

Write your comments here...use a motor mover on your caravan so that you have total control over the crucial last few centimetres of the hitching up!

Quote | Report

I have a Westfalia tSwan neck tow bar,How can I protect my bumper, I have been told by the fitter that no  fixed protecter is available.

Write your comments here...use a motor mover on your caravan so that you have total control over the crucial last few centimetres of the hitching up!

That's an expensive way of not hitting your bumper! I've used a swan neck or detachable bar for years now ............ still no hitch shaped dents in my bumper. Wink

Quote | Report

That's an expensive way of not hitting your bumper! I've used a swan neck or detachable bar for years now ............ still no hitch shaped dents in my bumper. Wink

Hi EmilysDad...Well done you.....now please pass on the secret method you have developed which obviously includes the use of Beanz cans and perhaps some string

Quote | Report

Hi EmilysDad...Well done you.....now please pass on the secret method you have developed which obviously includes the use of Beanz cans and perhaps some string

EmilysMum shouts STOP!! Or if on my own, it involves moving a few feet - stopping, getting out of the car to look, then a few inches - stopping, getting out of the car to look, etc etc Laughing I have to admit that it's not quite as easy on this car as the towball is a little closer to the bumper than the last car. Wink 

Quote | Report

I have a motor mover on my caravan, due to its size which makes manoeuvring by hand almost impossible; then also the location of the pitch on the storage site which requires a blind side reverse turn that puts the front of my car right up tight against the towing hitches of the vans parked on the opposite row to get it into position.  So I do the positioning with the motor mover and don't have to keep getting in and out of the car.   Best thing I ever bought, also works with a normal towball too!!!

Quote | Report

I have a motor mover on my caravan, due to its size which makes manoeuvring by hand almost impossible; then also the location of the pitch on the storage site which requires a blind side reverse turn that puts the front of my car right up tight against the towing hitches of the vans parked on the opposite row to get it into position.  So I do the positioning with the motor mover and don't have to keep getting in and out of the car.   Best thing I ever bought, also works with a normal towball too!!!

Same here and although its a four wheel mover i only engage the front set of rollers and thats fine.

peter.

Quote | Report

The towball is within the field of view of the reversing camera on the back of my car, so together with automatic transmission, it's easy enough to inch the towball towards the hitch without any outside assistance.