COVID Secure Policy - Club training courses
We have changed some of the procedures on our Club training courses to ensure we keep members, guests and staff safe and well whilst training with the Club.
All courses have been designed to ensure that social distancing is adhered to.
Public Health England (PHE) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away
- Wash your hands with soap and water more often than usual, for 20 seconds, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas where other people are doing so – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
2 metre distance
- In order to minimise and prevent the spread of COVID-19, close contact is to be kept to a bare minimum as much as is practically possible.
- On entering/exiting buildings the hand gel/wash should be utilised.
- On candidate's arrival and throughout training trainers will politely remind candidates of the need to maintain minimum 2 metre distance.
- Vigilance is required by all parties to maintain the 2 metre distance, therefore, trainers will be required to ensure that any planned breaks are discussed with any other trainers on site so that the breaks can be staggered to avoid overlapping use of the rest areas.
- As per government guidelines the Club recommend when indoors in enclosed areas that face coverings be used.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be at the entrance and must be used on entering.
- Furniture and equipment will be cleaned by staff at the end of each day.
Food and drink
- We recommend that instructors and candidates bring their own food and drink to avoid using shared equipment.
- Toilet use should be restricted to one person at a time to adhere to the social distancing rules. Social distancing also applies whilst queuing to use the toilet facilities.
- After using any toilet area, wash your hands as per government guidance using antibacterial hand wash/gel.
- Notices promoting hand hygiene and social distancing have been placed visibly in these areas.
Outdoor training area
According to government scientific advice there is a lower risk of COVID-19 in outdoor areas however, social distancing guidelines should still be maintained at all times during all training activities conducted on the training area.
Prior to conducting the uncouple/recouple for the first time per candidate, the areas on the trailer requiring contact should be cleaned with an antibacterial wipe or spray. Candidates will be encouraged to use gloves which either they have provided or the rubber disposable gloves provided.
Social distancing rules apply.
Vehicles and in-vehicle training
- Prior to the instructor being introduced to and entering the vehicle for training, candidates will need to ensure that they have wiped over the commonly used areas of the vehicle with anti-bacterial wipes/spray.
- It is recommended that a window is kept open for ventilation.
- As per the UK government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy, May 2020 CP239, due to the close proximity of trainer and candidate whilst in the vehicle the use of face coverings is highly recommended and encouraged, however, those wearing glasses should be made aware of the increased possibility of glasses fogging up. If this happens candidates should temporarily remove the face covering and adjust appropriately.
- Both trainer and candidate should avoid/minimise being face to face in the vehicle where social distancing is impractical. The risk of infection is lower if you stay side-to-side.