Mayfield, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 2JXView on map
Why stay here ...
The site is located on the Staffordshire/Derbyshire border, a convenient location for all that the area has to offer.
The site consists of a lawned 2.5 acre field where there are 5 spacious grass pitches. All of the pitches have electric hook up and offer good room for awnings.
Television and Telephone signal are both good.
A bridal path runs alongside the site and is easily accessed. This is perfect for walking and cycling. Mayfield itself has lots of lovely walks which offer stunning views. Lots of public footpaths can be picked up just a short stroll from us here at Slack Lane.
There is a bus stop at the top of the lane which is about 200m from site. Regular buses run from here to the lovely market town of Ashbourne (3 miles away), also to the city of Derby and the Staffordshire town of Uttoxeter.
There is a small convenience store situated just half a mile from our site and the nearest pub is a mere quarter of a mile away.
Local Attractions include:
- Dovedale with the picturesque stepping stones & Ilam - 5 miles away
- Tissington Trail - 3 miles to the start of it
- Alton Towers - 20 minutes by car
- Carsington Water - 20 minutes by car
- Matlock/Gullivers Kingdom/Heights of Abraham - 30 minutes by car
- Buxton - 40 minutes by car
- Chatsworth House & Bakewell - 45 minutes by car
Log in to write a review