Green Lane, Collier Street, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 9RBView on map
Why stay here ...
- Level lawned pitches amongst fruit trees in Kentish orchard.
- Quiet and secluded.
- 5 minutes drive to Marden village, with shops, petrol station, chemist, takaway's, church and library. Mainline railway to London.
- Within 2 miles of the riverside resort of Yalding.
- Gardens, aviary, electric points, chemical empy point.
- Open all year, advance booking advised.
- Coarse fishing at Claygate Lakes 0.5 miles.
- Sissinghurst Castle and gardens are nearby and well worth a visit.
- The stunning Leeds Castle is a short drive away.
- The nearest coastal town of Hastings is about a 45 minute drive away.
- Local attractions at the Hop Farm, Yalding Village, canoeing on the river and fishing.
- Only 1.5 hours to Dover, less to the Channel Tunnel.
- There is the world famous church with Marc Chagall windows at Tudely/Five Oak Green - beautiful when the sun is setting.
- Suggested places to visit: Scotney Castle, Hever Castle, Itham Moat and Knole House and Deer Park.
- Pubs to visit: Chequers at Laddingford, Woolpack at Benover, Bush, Blackbird & Thrush at East Peckham, The Swan at West Peckham and the Tickled Trout - Yalding.
Latest arrival time: 8:00 PM
Electric amperage: 16
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- TN12 9RB
- Lat 51.185779 / Lon 0.467031
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: Maidstone
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest port: Dover (25 miles)
- Nearest train station: Marden
- Train station within 5 miles
Log in to write a review
We arrived at the site and i presume the owner, Mrs Cooper met us, we paid for 5 nights as soon as we arrived and were shown where everything was. The pitch that we were on was the only one that our 21ft motor-home could get to as the trees in the orchard stopped us from going onto any other pitch. The site is nice enough, but as dog owners we had to drive about half a mile to a large field, the reason for this was that the country lane was narrow and there were no footpaths, the road wasn't too busy but the vehicles that used it drove very fast, obviously not expecting to meet anyone round the numerous corners. The too young children who live there can be spiteful to the animals and were rude to myself, we got the impression we weren't wanted at the site by the way we were totally ignored, even after we had alerted them that one of their animals had escaped onto the road, the only other caravanner confirmed that they felt the same, the young lad was rude to him as well. Its a shame because the site is very pretty and the facilities are good, young children would love this place, but please ask how many motor-homes or caravans are already pitched up, because any more than 2 and you wont be able to get through the orchard. There are lots of local attractions close by,
Comment from The Club:
Libellous accuastions towards a third party have been removed from this review.