Wrelton, Pickering, North Yorkshire, YO18 8PJView on map
Why stay here ...
Karen and Anthony Scaling would like to welcome you to Keld Knowle Farm. We are a family run dairy and arable farm that has been welcoming visitors for over thirty years. Our farm stands back from the road in open fields with easy access. The CL site is spacious with stone roads and some hard standings. The level field has a southerly aspect so you can enjoy the sun from dawn till dusk with views stretching for miles. Walks from the farm lead along footpaths and bridleways into the National Park and neighbouring villages. There is space to run around, watch the cows being milked or just sit and relax. Families welcome.
Keld Knowle makes a great base for all the local attractions, Pickering 2.5miles, Flamingo Land, North York Moors Railway. York, Whitby, Scarborough are all 40 to 60 mins drive.
A short 5 minute walk takes you into the village of Wrelton where the Buck Inn serves superb home cooked meals. A regular bus service connects to Helmsley, Scarborough, York, Whitby, Pickering. There are short walks around the village and a childrens playground.
Keld Knowle also offers farmhouse Bed and Breakfast and two static holiday homes to hire, making it a great place for family and friends to holiday together.
Karen's Top 10 things to do....
- Take the steam train from Pickering, hop off to walk on the Moors or visit "Heartbeat Country".
- Visit Castle Howard, one of the Treasure Houses of Britain. Splendour and Grandeur at its finest!
- Walk through the fields to the neighbouring village of Sinnington. A picture postcard with school house and maypole on the green and river running through. A great place for a paddle and a picnic.
- Catch a local agricultural show. With everything from terrier racing to pig judging, beautiful baby competition to the best chocolate cake. We know how to put on a "Grand Day Out"!
- Stroll around the chocolate box village of Hutton Le Hole, with sheep grazing on the green, a stream to paddle in and the fascinating Ryedale Folk Museum. Another great picnic spot.
- Drive, take the bus or steam train to Whitby to see the narrow streets and sheltered harbour.
- Visit the historic city of York, walk the city walls, magnificent York Minster, National Railway Museum (free entry), medieval streets, Yorvik Viking museum, the list goes on and on!
- Find the spectacular ruins of Rievaulx Abbey, hiding in a secluded wooded valley.
- Wander around the market town of Helmsley with boutique shops and cafes.
- Park your caravan. Turn out the wife/children/dog. Crack open your favourite tipple. Sit down. Relax. Listen to the skylarks. Watch the cows munching grass.
Latest arrival time: 12:00 AM
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- YO18 8PJ
- Lat 54.259343 / Lon -0.831844
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: Helmsley, Pickering, Scarborough
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest port: Hull (50 miles)
- Train station within 5 miles
Log in to write a review