1 Tuckers Batch, Primrose Hill, Charlton Mackerell, Somerton, Somerset, TA11 7APView on map
Why stay here ...
Please Note: This CL will only be taking bookings for 2021 onwards.
You will find us in the heart of Somerset within the boundaries of the ancient capital of Wessex, situated a few miles from where the A303 meets the A37. The paddock has far reaching rural views.
Stay with us and be surprised at the variety of attractions in the local vicinity. There is a village shop within easy reach. The village pub is also within walking distance, perfect for a relaxing evening out.
Things to see and do:
Less than 10 miles away:
- Galstonbury - steeped in history and of course the home of the musical festival.
- Street - Clarks village equals retail therapy
- Haynes Motor Museum - the Red Room is a must
- The Fleet Air Arm Museum - Visit Concorde
- Somerton Viaduct Fishery - six natural well stocked lakes
Between 10 and 15 miles:
- Montacute House - an Elizabethan Mansion (NT)
- Wells - the smallest cathedral city in England
- Wookey Hole - a magical world
- Sherborne Castle - built by Sir Walter Raleigh
- The Royal Bath and West Showground - venue for many events
Between 15 and 20 miles:
- Burnham-On-Sea - a pretty seaside town on the NW coast
- Cheddar Gorge and Caves - a national nature reserve plus the home of cheddar cheese
- Stourhead - a living work of art (NT)
- East Somerset Railway - taste the age of steam
Latest arrival time: 7:00 PM
Latest departure time: 12:00 PM
Some sloping pitches