Penallt, Monmouth, Monmouthshire, NP25 4AQView on map
Why stay here ...
Tump Caravan site is a little piece of paradise in the Wye Valley.
Get the most out of your stay in the Wye Valley and Welsh borders.
The Wye Valley is a great place to enjoy cycling, canoeing, walking, rock climbing, painting or simply appreciating the superb flora and fauna to be found in this designated Area of Outstanding National Beauty.
The caravan campsite at The Tump provides ideal self-catering holidays accommodation for guests attending weddings, family reunions, festivals and sporting events in the nearby towns of Monmouth, Chepstow and Abergavenny. The glorious Tintern Abbey is well worth a visit and the village of Tintern has cafes, pubs and gift shops to visit.
Guests can enjoy a stroll around the farm and watch Marie feed the alpacas, sheep and chickens and the small lake in the grounds is a perfect spot for spending the day relaxing with a good book and a picnic. Walk or cycle around the winding village roads exploring Penallt Old Church and taking a lunch and cold beer at the Inn at Penallt in the village or The Boat Inn located on the riverside. In the evenings you can enjoy a BBQ on the veranda and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature all around you. The bus stop is at the end of the drive. Busses go to Monmouth and Chepstow.
Here are some useful links recommended by Mike, Marie & Evangeline for great places to eat and drink as well as some wonderful things to do in the Wye Valley.
Eating and Drinking:
- The Inn at Penallt
- The Crown
- The Boat
- The Anchor at Tintern
- The Lion at Trelleck
- The Whole Earth Thai Restaurant and Take-Away
- Forest of Dean and Wye Valley
- Visit the Wye Valley - Food capital of Wales Wye Valley AONB Wye
- Valley Visitor Centre Visit Tinter Abbey Walking and other countryside activities in the Wye Valley
- The Wye Valley Walk
- Short walks in Monmouthshire
- 12 east walks in the Forest of Dean
- Walking Britain - The Wye Valley and Forest of Dean
- Courses and thrilling activies
- Humble by Nature (rural skills)
- Wye Canoes (canoeing, bush craft and survival courses) Monmouth Canoe (canoeing and kayaking courses) Wye MTB (mountain biking skills courses)
|Date||Pitch + All Occupants|
Types of pitch: grass
Electric hook up available
Latest arrival time: 10:00 PM
Latest departure time: 11:00 AM
Some sloping pitches
Levelling blocks required
Electric amperage: 16
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- NP25 4AQ
- Lat 51.766853 / Lon -2.710351
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: Monmouth
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
Log in to write a review