Esso Card VAT

capntomo replied on 28/12/2018 10:14

Posted on 28/12/2018 10:14

well after following the recommendation that I could save 5-8 pence per litre on fuel by getting an esso card imagine my surprise when I got my first invoice and found that the prices quoted do not include vat. I ended up paying 12 pence more than the esso pump price and nearly 18 pence more than I could have got the fuel at the local supermarket. Seems to me that it’s a big con. Needless to say I shan’t be using it again. Shame on you for recommending it.

Jeff Thompson 

Moderator Comment - Not quite sure why this has been posted in the Story Section so I have moved it to the discussion area

Justus2 replied on 30/12/2018 11:47

Posted on 30/12/2018 11:23 by Rufs

only communication i get from Esso is the text message each Friday giving the coming weeks price per ltr

Posted on 30/12/2018 11:47

Hmm.. I got an email giving the details of my purchase in addition to the transaction appearing on my essocard account.. I am unable to say if this is normal however, as I have only ever used it the once in early December and neither of our vehicles has required any fuel in the mean time. I'll find out mid January when I am likely to use it again..  

JanandIan replied on 31/12/2018 11:48

Posted on 31/12/2018 11:48

Hi just check my e-mailed receipt against the price I was texted and found the texted price included VAT. 

Surfer replied on 31/12/2018 14:44

Posted on 30/12/2018 10:47 by Surfer

Why have you removed comments and then changed the thread heading when the previous heading clearly stated Esso Card with no mention of VAT?  I always thought a moderator is supposed to be neutral?  No wonder so many people stop posting on this forum!

Surely it would have been more appropriate for the comments to have been removed to another thread and with a link to that thread  Hopefully Rowena takes note of this an reprimands those responsible.

Moderator Comment - If you have an issue with moderation on this forum the correct procedure is to raise those concerns directly with the Community Manager. It is clearly stated in the T&C's of this forum that questioning of moderator decisions is not allowed on the open forum. 

Posted on 31/12/2018 14:44

Thank you for reminding me why I stopped posting on this forum.  Your input is truly appreciated and I will not bother you again.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook