Do Centres have emblems or symbols?

UncleAlec replied on 16/08/2019 20:28

Posted on 16/08/2019 20:28

Following a query on a Cotswold Windrush Owners Club forum - do I understand correctly that Caravan Club Centres have symbols or emblems, applied as sillhouettes to the upper corner of a van's exterior, that identify the owner as a member of a particular Centre?

I ask as one member has an original unaltered Windrush witha black bull sillhouette affixed thereto, and I have opined as above that it could be a CC Centre i.d.

Am I right? -please tell me. Am I wrong?- please don't tell my wife.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/08/2019 20:04

Posted on 17/08/2019 08:00 by cyberyacht

The Osborne bull is pretty ubiquitous. What I've yet to ascertain is the significance of the moose logo that one often sees.

Posted on 17/08/2019 20:04

That would be for those that have toured in Sweden, Finland &/or Norway, with particular emphasis on crossing the Arctic Circle. They can then be classed a Bluenosed Caravanners.....certificate provided by International Caravanning Association, upon proof by way of the requisite photo....been there done that!laughing

nelliethehooker replied on 17/08/2019 20:10

Posted on 17/08/2019 20:10

In response to OP, CC Regional Centres do have their own emblems, which usually appear on the respective centre's flags, but do also appear as stick-ons on some of the respective centre members caravans. For example Cumbria Centre's features a hunting hat over crossed hunting bugle and whip.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook