List of 2019 Rallies

bill replied on 10/11/2018 09:30

Posted on 10/11/2018 09:30

Will the CAMC be sending out a hard copy list of all 2019 rallies together with the February 2019 monthly magazine ?

AlanPort replied on 13/02/2019 00:10

Posted on 13/02/2019 00:10

Will the rally database be updated to include details of rallies which were not available at the original deadline?

Also, has the Club ever considered creating an App similar to the one used by the Camping & Caravan Club?  Their's is regularly updated and available online to all their members.  A search facility exists to identify all rallies, events or meets being run by local area groups.  Searches can be made in any selected mileage from a members current location or another selected location and give their members the opportunity to contact organisers to obtain more information or book an event.

This seems to be something which the CCC are far more advanced with than the CMC.  It also suggests that far more support is given to local groups than is the case in the CMC.

It would be interesting to hear a response to this from East Grinstead.

AnnLiz replied on 01/03/2019 20:42

Posted on 01/03/2019 20:42

I whole heartedly agree with Alan, it is so easy to look up rallies in this country on the CCC website then if interested you can see which DA is organising it and check out the full details and booking forms if needed on their website. I usually search using dates as the filter and as it is so easy do use them and go to their rallies more than those held by the CMC now.

brue replied on 12/03/2019 09:56

Posted on 12/03/2019 09:56

It looks as though the missing rallies are now on the club data base, you can't search by place but a trawl through a month might help. I feel it's best not to use any parameters like long or short rallies.

However yesterday I used both the search on here and also the C&CC monthly Out and About supplement rally lists and this wins hands down for ease of search. I struggle to read the CAMC supplement the print is too feint and is only partly visible on one of the pages.

AlanPort replied on 17/04/2019 18:59

Posted on 17/04/2019 18:59

I've just searched for a rally in the Midlands area and come across one which looked interesting.  It is shown as being run by the Nottingham Centre.  I used the link to the Notts website only to find the dates are different to those on the CAMC search facility.  

I'm very much afraid that scenarios such as this are reducing the number of visiting members, something which helps Centres to run and enhance the numbers attending their rallies.

Come on CAMC. Please support this part of the membership a bit better than you are at the moment.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook