2017 - Sandringham

Firedragon replied on 24/11/2016 21:27

Posted on 24/11/2016 21:27

I'm not familiar with the notion of the National at all. Can anyone summarise for me, what happens at it and why it is so highly regarded by members?

In other words, what's it all about?

That is quite a question Mickysf, in short it is the annual get together for any members who wish to attend. As to what happens, that is probably best covered by taking a look at the main website (banner at the top of the page under News & Events) for this years programme. A National is not everyones cup of tea, if you like full-facility sites with hard-standings for example, it is probably going to be a new experience, on the other hand if you like CLs on grass (with ehu though) and like to look round a showground of stalls and events, sports & fun & games. With evening entertainments of varying types too then I suggest booking very quickly if you fancy giving it a go. 

Alison

replied on 24/11/2016 22:50

Posted on 24/11/2016 22:50

I'm not familiar with the notion of the National at all. Can anyone summarise for me, what happens at it and why it is so highly regarded by members?

In other words, what's it all about?

That is quite a question Mickysf, in short it is the annual get together for any members who wish to attend. As to what happens, that is probably best covered by taking a look at the main website (banner at the top of the page under News & Events) for this years programme. A National is not everyones cup of tea, if you like full-facility sites with hard-standings for example, it is probably going to be a new experience, on the other hand if you like CLs on grass (with ehu though) and like to look round a showground of stalls and events, sports & fun & games. With evening entertainments of varying types too then I suggest booking very quickly if you fancy giving it a go. 

Alison

Write your comments here...I think that sums it up very well, Alison.

Fozzie replied on 28/11/2016 12:49

Posted on 28/11/2016 12:49

I see from the Events page that the National is now fully booked,with a waiting list.This is after just one month of the  booking opening date.

Is this a record for an National ?

bill replied on 28/11/2016 17:02

Posted on 28/11/2016 17:02

The majority of Centres put a page advert in their rally books for the National.  I suggest that they don't for next years rally books as if I were a Centre member and found that the day I received my rally book and tried to book the National only to find it was full I would be pretty jarred off.

Firedragon replied on 28/11/2016 17:51

Posted on 28/11/2016 17:51

I see from the Events page that the National is now fully booked,with a waiting list.This is after just one month of the  booking opening date.

Not really, it always used to fill up quickly and we would pick up our booking forms as soon as they appeared and send them straight in hoping to get a place (bit like Glastonbury Smile

The majority of Centres put a page advert in their rally books for the National.  I suggest that they don't for next years rally books as if I were a Centre member and found that the day I received my rally book and tried to book the National only to find it was full I would be pretty jarred off.

The problem with that is that each centre has their own date that the books come out (our centre books are New Year !) Yes, they all include the National because it is a rally that counts towards members Fellowship etc in most centres. But the National has a booking opening date that is announced for all members not just Centre members so there is no excuse to wait for a book. In some years there are places still available right up to the event, this next one is a special anniversary in a special place so not really surprising that it has booked up very quickly.

Alison

eurortraveller replied on 29/11/2016 10:01

Posted on 29/11/2016 10:01

Ho, ho. I have escaped another rally once again. 

Fozzie replied on 29/11/2016 19:03

Posted on 29/11/2016 19:03

There once was a caravanner named ET

Along with his new  friend Peedee.

Thought they were being rational,

In declining the CC National.

With tickets all sold in 4 week,

A awaiting list people will seek.

So its off to Sandringham we will go

But without ET and Peedee,Hey Ho

Only joking you two,ET hope you are a caravanner only couldn't fit in motor caravanner.!

Kennine replied on 29/11/2016 21:12

Posted on 29/11/2016 21:12

Write your comments here...It seems ridiculous that the CC puts on a rally called the National and then miss-judges the number of members wanting to attend. . There will be many disappointed members.  ----Looks like the CC needed to choose a much bigger venue.

Cheers ...........K

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook