Live from the National 2018

RowenaBCAMC replied on 25/05/2018 09:02

Posted on 25/05/2018 09:02

Are you at the National this year? If so we want to hear from you. Whether you're pitching up in your caravan or motorhome or visiting for the day, tell us all about it on this discussion. If you have any photos to share we would love to see them too.

Don't forget to also tag us on social media @candmclub #ClubNational18 

But most importantly of all, have a wonderful time! cool

Firedragon replied on 27/05/2018 11:08

Posted on 27/05/2018 11:08

A few more photos courtesy of a friend... the Welsh Lines, shire horses, the house through the vans and the opening ceremony...

Stewartwebr replied on 27/05/2018 17:24

Posted on 27/05/2018 17:24

Disgrace the grass is almost 3ft high where we are, but nice to see the grass is nice and trim and tidy at the Chairman Row, guess paying campers don’t matter so much, we won’t be back. Give me a Warner’s show anytime. Well organised, grass cut and half the price.

Reevco replied on 27/05/2018 20:52

Posted on 27/05/2018 20:52

We're parked in the RV section ground very rough near water and black water dump NO chance of getting near to dump tanks had to use 70 meter hose just to refill water tank as that's as close as we could get to the services 

We booked the RV section hoping the different needs would have been thought through, black water dump should have been road side for vehicles of this size.

Other than that no complaints, has been good. 😊  

RowenaBCAMC replied on 27/05/2018 21:09

Posted on 27/05/2018 21:09

Hi Reevco and Stewartwebr,

Thank you for your feedback and I will make sure this is sent over to the events team for their reference. 

RowenaBCAMC replied on 27/05/2018 21:12

Posted on 27/05/2018 21:12

Hi everyone,

Here's a video from today's BBQ chef of the year competition. 

Alison and heedlo, thanks so much for the fantastic photos. It's great to hear from everyone and I hope it's another fabulous day tomorrow. 

Reevco replied on 28/05/2018 00:21

Posted on 27/05/2018 21:09 by RowenaBCAMC

Hi Reevco and Stewartwebr,

Thank you for your feedback and I will make sure this is sent over to the events team for their reference. 

Posted on 28/05/2018 00:21

Thanks Rowena but we are totally different to motor homes that have cassette toilets we carry 45 gal black water holding tanks and 48 gal grey waste tanks and it's not just a case of wheeling a cassette over to an Elsan point we have to take the whole RV over and connect up a 3" pipe to dump the waste....

oh the generators are quieter this year much better

richardandros replied on 28/05/2018 11:58

Posted on 27/05/2018 09:10 by Firedragon

Lovely day here today RichardandRos, Enjoy !

Alison

Posted on 28/05/2018 11:58

Obviously, the sun shines on the righteous! Had a good day, yesterday and bought a few ‘toys’. Went back this morning to pick one of them up - overcast and a sea fret on the coast but glorious sunshine at Sledmere, once again. Seems that the organisers have good connections 😏

kevlon replied on 29/05/2018 09:26

Posted on 29/05/2018 09:26

My wife and I have just returned home after attending our first "National". We have been mixing business with pleasure while selling our Sons Pies & Pastries at the F.Leakes Butchers and Bakers stand. I feel compelled to write to express how friendly our fellow club members are. We would like to thank each and everyone of you who called in to see us, we were made most welcome. We have certainly made many new friends over the course of the weekend.

The entertainment was first class and the many activities catered for every taste. I urge anyone thinking about attending next years event to book their place as soon as possible. You won't be sorry.

Warwickshire here we come!

JayEss replied on 29/05/2018 10:25

Posted on 29/05/2018 10:25

Radley Hall is a fantastic venue. We go there every year for Camper Calling. 

The national coincides with a couple of festivals we enjoy so won't be going but if you get the same freebies they throw in for camper calling it should be a good trip 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook