Joining a singles group for touring.

Esined1 replied on 19/10/2019 10:59

Posted on 19/10/2019 10:59

I am a widower and have toured for many years but dont particularly enjoy it by myself can be lonely.

I would like to join a group of like minded people who like the outdoors.

I know there used to be a singles club within Club members but dont know if it still exists?

Appreciate any feedback

Cheers

Denise

bill replied on 01/01/2020 09:37

Posted on 01/01/2020 09:37

For all those caravanners and motorhomers that travel on their own a very Happy New Year and enjoy new adventures in 2020.

Biggarmac replied on 18/01/2021 17:25

Posted on 18/01/2021 17:25

This section of club discussions is has been very quiet for quite a long time now, not just because of Covid but because we were too small a group of people and living in all different areas of the UK.  I was active on here in the past and am looking forward to getting out and about when this lockdown ends.    Facebook has many single groups, some more active than others.  Some are just a talking shop and some do organise meets.  The groups already mentioned in the thread will be trying to meet this summer so it might be worth getting in touch with them to ask if they are intending to meet in your area.

Good luck to all other solo campers out there.

Wellington50 replied on 07/02/2021 17:04

Posted on 07/02/2021 17:04

Hello All solo Motorhome and caravaners, I have been a member for some years, I am single and have recently taken early retirement from my business and I am now looking to take a extended Road trip, maybe 6 months or so when things start to get back to normal!! Just wondering if any other member had embarked on such a adventure [Alone] or about too and has any advice / Tips. I am thinking of this country first then maybe abroad next year, I hear the route 500 in Scotland is well worth a visit but not sure how long to allocate to see everything.

Would Appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

john.

triky auto replied on 08/02/2021 13:36

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:36

Hi John, Have a look at " Free Campervan/motorhome stopovers " group info on the 500 Scotish Tour .It's on Facebook.

Biggarmac replied on 12/02/2021 15:18

Posted on 07/02/2021 17:04 by Wellington50

Hello All solo Motorhome and caravaners, I have been a member for some years, I am single and have recently taken early retirement from my business and I am now looking to take a extended Road trip, maybe 6 months or so when things start to get back to normal!! Just wondering if any other member had embarked on such a adventure [Alone] or about too and has any advice / Tips. I am thinking of this country first then maybe abroad next year, I hear the route 500 in Scotland is well worth a visit but not sure how long to allocate to see everything.

Would Appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

john.

Posted on 12/02/2021 15:18

Hello John.  Its a bit dead on this forum, but there are many other groups out there.  The New Companions Camping Club are an active group who have a regular newsletter called the chronicle.  It has information on meets for which the NCCC charge a membership fee.  Many of the members go on extensive trips both in the UK and abroad.  

There are also groups on facebook most of whom have huge memberships but not a lot of meets.  They do, however,  have members who have done what you are thinking of and are willing to give advice.  One I am a member of is called Single Camping Caravan & Motorhomers.

The NC 500 route is well oversubscribed.  The last time I did it was just before it became popular and I took about a month to do it as part of a tour with the NCCC.  Some people do it in three days and see nothing.  There are many other routes such as the NE250 and Heart 200.  You could easily spend six months just in Scotland.

As well as taking part in tours with groups I have done a few extended trips on my own.  I have found it is good to meet up with others from time to time as others give you lots of useful information.

Good luck

flumpetting replied on 13/05/2021 22:30

Posted on 13/05/2021 22:30

Hi

I caravan on my own and did NC 500 last autumn.  I would not recommend doing it with a caravan unless you're prepared to and competent at reversing with the van - there are long sections of single track road and it's very busy with people who are not prepared or can't reverse.

If you have a Moho, it's excellent, lots of overnight wildcamping locations that I was envious of, that were just not suitable for a caravan.

If a caravan, make sure to book your stops as it can get busy and places book weeks ahead.  If I do it again with the caravan I would set up on a site some where central and do the road on a series of day trips.

Good luck!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook