Solos Touring group

vivien replied on 13/12/2016 17:15

Posted on 13/12/2016 17:15

Unfortunately the new forum is complicated to find this section. If you have managed to find this post, Congratulations!

It has been noted by Moderators that sticky's at the moment can not be used, so for Diary Dates and also general information with the Solos Touring Group can be found on the Solos Touring Facebook page as well as the Solos Touring dedicated Forum found by search on google or similar.

For the facebook page and chat go to

https://m.facebook.com/SOLO-Touring-for-those-who-caravan-motorhome-or-tent-alone-422635817835302/ 

The Forum can be found at

http://solos.prophpbb.com

As soon as the issue is addressed here, then we will return posting all details to do with Solos Touring group, Diary Dates and information about Meets and Greets.

Moderator Edit - Links made clickable 

RowenaBCAMC replied on 06/04/2018 09:05

Posted on 06/04/2018 09:05

Hi everyone,

A few posts have been removed to keep this topic on track. 

At the Club we value the solos section and have enjoyed watching the group grow and develop. If anyone has any constructive ideas on how to get more interest in this area of Club Together we look forward to hearing from you. 

Firedragon replied on 06/04/2018 10:33

Posted on 06/04/2018 10:33

Come on solos, give Vivien a hand here, she has more than enough health problems to deal with without worrying what her group needs all the time. I know when she was inactive here others stood in and kept the group going for her, perhaps someone could help occasionally now?

Alison

brue replied on 06/04/2018 10:48

Posted on 06/04/2018 10:48

Maybe now that Spring has sprung a few more solos will be venturing out. Good luck with all your plans, hope Vivien will see some new members looking in on here. smile

Metheven replied on 06/04/2018 11:47

Posted on 06/04/2018 11:47

Maybe they are not solo anymore, or the lack of leadership has taken them elsewhere. It really needs to have someone who will bring it to the fore regularly with interesting posts.

vivien replied on 06/04/2018 12:02

Posted on 06/04/2018 12:02

I have kept it going in the past, but for the last 6 months I have been very ill, spending time in hospital. My illness still continues but, I have always tried to maintain contact, however I was banned for 3 months two years ago, this is when it all went bandy!

I would like to see more chat, Diary Dates, reports on trips away with other Solos, I can hope!

Biscuits mum replied on 13/01/2019 13:01

Posted on 13/01/2019 13:01

Hi everyone, it’s me Vivien, I had to change my name as I had to re-registering.

I am sorry Solos Touring has not been updated etc. For the last 18months I have not been in the best of health. I ended up in hospital in December 2017 where they thought I wouldn’t be here to see the New Year.  Anyway, I have battled through, it’s left me weak and I have to see the cardiologist next week, but all in all, I am very grateful to be alive thanks to the NHS.

Alas the website and forum I created a few years back is no longer valid, so all contacts and Diary Dates will once again be here @ ClubTogether. There is also a Facebook page available.

I would like to think Solo Touring can once again build to be a group that has over 700 members again. Yes, 700 Solo people contacted me and became members over a 3 year period,the majority of people were CMC ClubTogether members.

I hope to see new posting soon. 

Vivien, Was Roving Rangies or Solos1 to quite a few.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook