Where is everyone???

vivien replied on 16/08/2017 09:34

Posted on 16/08/2017 09:34

Hi! I check here constantly, but don't see any new posts etc.  Can I assume you have gave up touring Solo or can't you be bothered with what Solos can offer?

I know since April 2016 and I was banned, things could not be posted and events not entered, but Solos Touring is still very much around.

eiflow replied on 06/10/2017 11:44

Posted on 06/10/2017 11:44

Back last weekend from a spending September in France...mainly around the Dordogne region....with other Solos. Plenty of walking, cycling, drinking, eating, chatting, laughing and even 22km of kayaking!

Now got withdrawal symptoms so wondering if 3 nights away this weekend might solve the problem!!.......but where??

Spriddler replied on 08/10/2017 12:15

Posted on 08/10/2017 12:15

I spent June and July in Eastern Europe, then the Loire valley for September. It's getting a bit nippy back here but off to the Cotswolds on Tuesday to visit places often passed by when en route elsewhere (Cheddar Gorge, Hay on Wye, Haynes Motor museum,  etc.).

I believe Solos activities are now on Facebook to which I was encouraged by my kids to subscribe earlier this year, but only for a for a couple of weeks  as once I'd seen a photo of one person's 'All you can Eat for £3.99' pub Sunday lunch and no end of Wannabe Celebrity selfies I felt I'd seen 'em all!

As a cynical philosopher commented last week on Radio 4: 'The social media are largely Self reassuring bubbles of like-minded people'.

Nothing wrong with that I suppose.

(Removes tongue from cheek........wink)

vivien replied on 08/10/2017 13:54

Posted on 08/10/2017 13:54

Well, September 2017 will be a month to remember for the wrong reasons.

9th September my Mum passed away, expected so no surprises.  I spoke to her on the Sunday evening, a phone was placed next to her on her pillow so she could hear me, although she was in a semi coma.  This was to be the last 7pm call her after I spoke to her every day.Monday at 7.30 am I had the phone call I was awaiting, she had passed away in her sleep.

All hell was let loose by wicked family members, stress was building as I had to arrange to get to Cumbria. My son Adam took me but could only get a day off for the funeral, so we did the round trip of 600+ miles and a funeral in 15 hours. That was on the 18th September.

A week later on 25th September I was taken to hospital under two’s and blues with a suspected heart attack.  After god knows how many ECG’s, X-rays, blood tests, MRI scan the works, I was discharged late at 11.30pm still with a heart rate of 135pm and chest pains which was a flare up of arthritis, that had now affected my breast bone.

Thursday 28th September and 6th October I have been back in hospital and now under my GP, more blood tests booked for the 10th October.

I have not done a thing since the 25th September, plans are all on hold and life is very boring as I have been ordered complete rest.

however, I am away on the 27th December for New Year at Blackmore C&CC site .

brue replied on 08/10/2017 19:54

Posted on 08/10/2017 19:54

You Solos certainly do some travelling, all the best to you and to Vivien, so sorry to hear about your Mum and your hospital visits, get well soon and have a rest before you go galavanting off once more. Take care all of you.

Joanne Smith replied on 10/10/2017 09:09

Posted on 10/10/2017 09:09

Sorry to hear about your Mum Vivien life can be very cruel sometimes but i am sure you will bounce back and carry on enjoying your travels you never know our paths may cross in the future as i am a solo traveller also all the best and most importantly get better soon x

vivien replied on 10/10/2017 19:00

Posted on 10/10/2017 19:00

Thank you for your messages, yes! You never know who you will part next too!  Been to doctors twice today, next appointment is this Thursday, it will stop sooner or later lol

collinn replied on 30/07/2018 11:25

Posted on 30/07/2018 11:25

Hi all

I too am a solo caravaner most of the time and have been out approx. 30 days this year.  Reading the posts It seems many have the same problems ie Family,  Operations, Appointments etc which keep us from enjoying our hobby.  I don't tend to  go too far mainly in  North west and down to chester.  Maybe in the  future I will join up with one of the groups.

Cheers

Colin

Biggarmac replied on 03/08/2018 12:38

Posted on 03/08/2018 12:38

Another solo, but hardly ever at home!  Going your way next month collinn, to a New Companions meet at Delamere C&CC site. 1st to 4th Sept.  There is also a NCCC meet from the 28 Aug to 1st Sept at CMC site at Barnard Castle.

Don't leave it to the future to join.  Do it now, then you can have company even if you are only able to get away for a few days.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook