N.E.C Temp Site October 2018

ABM replied on 02/09/2018 21:31

Posted on 02/09/2018 21:31

Not  one  for  me,  BJB,  I'll  only  be  there  on  Club  Day  Looking  for  all  those  "Bargains"  and,  perhaps,  a  block  of  cheese  or  six  wink

But  I'll  try  for  the  Cheap  Club  Day  Entrance  Fee   !!money-mouth

young thomas replied on 03/09/2018 07:09

Posted on 03/09/2018 07:09

no, but it'll be it's usual exhorbitant price, I'll guess close to £35 this year?

did it once, may go up this year but won't be contributing to this rip off...

the general car parking is included with the ticket so why can't an overnight charge be more in line with (say) the CL/THS sites in the area, around £12.

the reason is that the club has decided that everyone needs hook ups and hires generators and cabling at great cost which then has to be passed on to the 'customer'....most of whom don't want/need it, just for a night or two.

perhaps a non EHU area at £15 would make more sense, keeps cost and hassle down all round.....?

BrianJosie replied on 09/09/2018 13:28

Posted on 03/09/2018 08:11 by cyberyacht

ISTR that hookup is a recent development. Pre hookup it was still extortionate.

Posted on 09/09/2018 13:28

I don’t even know what ISTR is and we have been using the temp site for many years and there has always been a hook up.Regarding the cost ,yes it’s expensive but for us it’s just convenience.We attend many events throughout the year,British Grand Prix ,both the Goodwoods,Glastonbury and they are all very expensive ,you either pay or don’t go.We don’t smoke ,drink or go out to fancy restaurants but the day I have to worry about what we are spending on the Motorhome trips will be the day The for sale sign goes on the windscreen.All we ever seem to read on this forum is bad reports about what the club are trying to do never about what good things the club does for it’s members.If people don’t like it why be members.,We try to support the club in every way we can by using club sites on all our trips .we think the Caravan & Motorhome Club is excellent value for money ,and to come on here moaning and groaning all the time doesn’t help the cause at all.

Brian & Jo

Tinwheeler replied on 09/09/2018 14:34

Posted on 09/09/2018 14:34

'I seem to recall', I think. It’s obviously trendy text speak.

You need to remember, B&J, that some people are only happy when they moan and we've seen a few examples on here of people who do nothing but complain about the club and its sites yet they still continue their membership and still use the sites.laughing

Navigateur replied on 09/09/2018 22:04

Posted on 09/09/2018 22:04

I think the Caravan Club does not hire in cabling and outlet banks for these events as I noticed at the Camping and Caravanning Club's national rally that all the electrical distribution equipment was marked "The Caravan Club" with the old nice logo.

DavidKlyne replied on 09/09/2018 22:17

Posted on 09/09/2018 22:17

I think the Club have always said that the cost of staying at the site at the NEC reflects the direct costs of setting it up. Some might not like those costs but surely they don't expect members generally to subsidise a tiny minority of members that make use of such facilities? If you wanted to camp at Whittlebury Hall this weekend for an event at Silverstone  (Superbikes) it will cost you £150 for a smallish pitch including electrics so perhaps the NEC costs are not particularly out of line?

David

DSB replied on 11/09/2018 00:33

Posted on 11/09/2018 00:33

For those who don't fancy the NEC temporary site, why not try Chapel Lane.  Just a little way off the M42 a little further down.  It could get booked up quickly for the show week though.

Alternatively there is Kingsbury C&CC site or even Conkers C&CC site close to where the M42 joins the A42.

There are also quite a few CL's, and private sites.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook