2021 site price guide

TonyBurton replied on 24/12/2020 15:10

Posted on 24/12/2020 15:10

I've got my 2021 Site Directory. It says I should be able to download the 2021 Site Price Guide. I can't find how do it on the website. Any clues please?

DavidKlyne replied on 24/01/2021 15:44

Posted on 24/01/2021 15:09 by TonyBurton

I have booked several pitches for this year. It's just a shock when the price comes up at the end of the process. CMC said there would be a price list on the web  site and it does not appear to be there. It would be good to be able to see at a glance which sites in a particular area offered the best value for money before making a booking. 

Posted on 24/01/2021 15:44

If you know where you want to stay it then comes down to whether the asking price is acceptable to you? I don't quite know what you would do next? Would you bite the bullet or look for a different option? It maybe just me but I can't see a separate price list being much use to me personally. As some others may recall I am all for having information in .PDF format from price lists to site directorieswink

David

Takethedogalong replied on 24/01/2021 16:17

Posted on 24/01/2021 16:17

I still can’t see what all the fuss is about to be honest. Let’s say you want to compare two Sites in Cornwall for same weeks, see which is cheapest. You just go to webpage for both, look at price for that period, do a little sum, and then make a decision🤷‍♀️

Or is there something I am missing here, happy to be corrected🤔

replied on 24/01/2021 16:32

Posted on 24/01/2021 15:09 by TonyBurton

I have booked several pitches for this year. It's just a shock when the price comes up at the end of the process. CMC said there would be a price list on the web  site and it does not appear to be there. It would be good to be able to see at a glance which sites in a particular area offered the best value for money before making a booking. 

Posted on 24/01/2021 16:32

The prices are to view on the first page when you open a CMC site web page. It is CCC sites where they appear at the end of a booking process.

cyberyacht replied on 24/01/2021 16:32

Posted on 24/01/2021 16:32

Ideally the price bands would be on the page with the site information, as it used to be in the "good old days". It was relatively quick and easy to price a potential stay. 

The fact that the bean counters at Grimstead Towers have multiplied the bands away from a straightforward high, mid, low in an endeavour to squeeze until the pips squeak, makes such an exercise  a task of some magnitude and each site would require about three pages, and we are left with a useless "From  £x" which tells us nothing.

LLM replied on 24/01/2021 16:56

Posted on 24/01/2021 16:37 by

Ideally the price bands would be on the page with the site information, as it used to be in the "good old days".

It is: https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-sites/england/north-west-england/merseyside/southport-caravan-club-site/?utm_source=localsearch&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

Posted on 24/01/2021 16:56

I looked at the link and the associated pictures.  It appears to be an expensive car park.  

allanandjean replied on 24/01/2021 17:00

Posted on 24/01/2021 17:00

"If I want to stop on a Club Site (rare, but we do occasionally) it’s around three clicks of a button. But no ferries or tunnels involved of course...... That would be a few more clicks.....😁"

Having tried to find the price of a stay at the centenary site last week I am not sure its a lot easier-but at least you are into the lingo for distances measured in kilometres!

allanandjean replied on 24/01/2021 17:01

Posted on 24/01/2021 16:56 by LLM

I looked at the link and the associated pictures.  It appears to be an expensive car park.  

Posted on 24/01/2021 17:01

I await the comments from people before seeing that you are a MHer!

allanandjean replied on 24/01/2021 17:03

Posted on 24/01/2021 17:03

Tut tut, should not be saying that. Wait til the MHers see it.....................oh, you are a MHer!!

replied on 24/01/2021 17:28

Posted on 24/01/2021 17:28

Not sure that is relevant with regard to this topic as I just picked a site web page to show that price bands are on the first page.

With regard to the site itself however we stay for 15 nights (not this year) and have done from mid to end of December for around 10 years. For us the location is fine for winter chill out and to spend time together. Not there much in daylight. We stay on the old side of the site with its hedges and bird life. The new part of he site is n open wilderness with no hedges or interest and winter does at least bring some seagulls and the occasional ducks swimming on the flooded pitches. smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook