2021 site price guide

TonyBurton replied on 24/12/2020 15:10

Posted on 24/12/2020 15:10

I've got my 2021 Site Directory. It says I should be able to download the 2021 Site Price Guide. I can't find how do it on the website. Any clues please?

joanie replied on 24/01/2021 17:31

Posted on 24/01/2021 17:31

I emailed CMC asking for a price list , the reply was 

Thank you for your email.

Because of changes to the VAT rate, the Commercial team has asked us not to produce a pricing supplement at this time, this may change after lock down if the demand is there.

You can view current Club site fees Online, using https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/ uk-holidays/uk-search-and- book/

for a complete price breakdown per site.

I really want a price list , but then you had to order one, now they are waiting  to see what the demand is, so please email them and ask for a price book if that is what you want

LLM replied on 24/01/2021 17:50

Posted on 24/01/2021 17:50

Joanie you have just triggered a memory.  It is illegal for a seller to quote a price to a member of the public that does not include the applicable VAT.  As usual certain exception are there but equally it is illegal to quote a price that includes the wrong VAT percentage.  I wonder what VAT percentage is included in the prices currently being quoted on the CAMC website.  

replied on 24/01/2021 18:09

Posted on 24/01/2021 17:50 by LLM

Joanie you have just triggered a memory.  It is illegal for a seller to quote a price to a member of the public that does not include the applicable VAT.  As usual certain exception are there but equally it is illegal to quote a price that includes the wrong VAT percentage.  I wonder what VAT percentage is included in the prices currently being quoted on the CAMC website.  

Posted on 24/01/2021 18:09

A seller can quote a price as plus Vat. CMC does not define VAT rate in their prices. Nor does any site as far as I recall. What CMC have done is give their rate inclusive of standard VAT and apply a discount on booking (last time I looked) if the VAT has reduced. They do not have to as you could pay the given rate ad they could pocket the vat reduction.

Cornersteady replied on 24/01/2021 18:23

Posted on 24/01/2021 18:23

How do people choose their stays away? I wonder what order or priorities they use? dates then sites, or sites then dates, or always prices first? I would have said dates or sites first?

Certainly for us it depends on the type of stay, short break sort of need a weekend away, in which case dates first then location. For longer holidays it will be location first then see if the dates are available?

Do some choose a site then look for the cheapest or cheaper period? Maybe why not?

Does it matter? I'm sure each will choose their own preferred method? And really no different to booking any type of holiday.

In all cases at looking at the price guide on the site's page will do that perfectly and easily? Or do a trial booking then see the price, if it's too much adjust the dates? 

Takethedogalong replied on 24/01/2021 18:33

Posted on 24/01/2021 18:33

Location always first for us Corners, area we want to stay in, things we want to do or see. Then we explore different Site options....CLs, private Sites, etc..... If it’s a no facility or racecourse Club Site, we tend to look how much, but don’t even go to full facility Club Sites to be honest. Too busy, too expensive for what we need.

We can be flexible on dates luckily. We might pay more for one Site, then save on another, so we achieve some sort of average per night fee.

JVB66 replied on 24/01/2021 18:42

Posted on 24/01/2021 18:23 by Cornersteady

How do people choose their stays away? I wonder what order or priorities they use? dates then sites, or sites then dates, or always prices first? I would have said dates or sites first?

Certainly for us it depends on the type of stay, short break sort of need a weekend away, in which case dates first then location. For longer holidays it will be location first then see if the dates are available?

Do some choose a site then look for the cheapest or cheaper period? Maybe why not?

Does it matter? I'm sure each will choose their own preferred method? And really no different to booking any type of holiday.

In all cases at looking at the price guide on the site's page will do that perfectly and easily? Or do a trial booking then see the price, if it's too much adjust the dates? 

Posted on 24/01/2021 18:42

Where we want to end up and then whats on the journey to our destination ,prices? what ever it costs to stay where we want ,that is what took the time the other night fitting in as much a possible to our final destination and dates to fit in  cool,

In that orderwink

replied on 24/01/2021 19:10

Posted on 24/01/2021 18:23 by Cornersteady

Posted on 24/01/2021 19:10

Except for our December Chillout we never go away for less than 30 nights and 6 sites. 

First for us is a route generally using either sites that we have not used before to visit locations not visited closely or sites we have not visited in the last 5 years. 

The route is paramount with areas we either don't know or have forgotten. 

Price is of the least important.

LLM replied on 24/01/2021 19:20

Posted on 24/01/2021 18:09 by

A seller can quote a price as plus Vat. CMC does not define VAT rate in their prices. Nor does any site as far as I recall. What CMC have done is give their rate inclusive of standard VAT and apply a discount on booking (last time I looked) if the VAT has reduced. They do not have to as you could pay the given rate ad they could pocket the vat reduction.

Posted on 24/01/2021 19:20

As you say the seller can quote the price plus VAT but they must make it clear.  If CAMC is quoting a rate inclusive of standard rate VAT they must pay that VAT amount to HMRC.  They cannot mislead the customer into paying one rate and pay HMRC less.  

replied on 24/01/2021 19:39

Posted on 24/01/2021 19:20 by LLM

As you say the seller can quote the price plus VAT but they must make it clear.  If CAMC is quoting a rate inclusive of standard rate VAT they must pay that VAT amount to HMRC.  They cannot mislead the customer into paying one rate and pay HMRC less.  

Posted on 24/01/2021 19:39

Sites quoted a price. Some refunded lower vat some did not. Generally the site fees are show on booking and not the VAT

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook