2021 site price guide

TonyBurton replied on 24/12/2020 15:10

Posted on 24/12/2020 15:10

I've got my 2021 Site Directory. It says I should be able to download the 2021 Site Price Guide. I can't find how do it on the website. Any clues please?

cyberyacht replied on 26/01/2021 09:26

Posted on 25/01/2021 17:38 by Cornersteady

thanks I'll use that method then, and do they have that annoying from price you don't like? 

Posted on 26/01/2021 09:26

Since you seem determined to pursue this to the bitter end, yes the cruise companies have a "from" price which is for the cheapest cabin grade for a particular cruise. It doesn't have a "from" price for a three day mini cruise when referring to a three week trip round the Adriatic.

This is unlike the CAMC whose nightly "from" price refers to something like three available days in the back end of November which is sod all use when trying to price a break in July.

Is that clear enough for you!

cyberyacht replied on 26/01/2021 10:15

Posted on 26/01/2021 10:15

Following correspondence with CAMC, I received the following reply to my concerns.

"I appreciate your concerns about internet availability whilst touring and some members do not use computers or smart phones.

At the present time, there is a reduction on VAT effective until 31st March. It is not known yet whether the Chancellor will extend this scheme.

Therefore, any printed information could be inaccurate, whereas we can update the website with the correct data.

I hope you will be able to enjoy a holiday before too long.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me."

I have responded as follows :-

"Thank you for your reply although it has still not addressed the issues I have outlined in previous Emails.

Whilst I appreciate the VAT situation could impact on prices in any publication, that could apply in any year depending on the Chancellor’s Budget announcements.

Production of a PDF, with the information extracted from a relevant spreadsheet of pricing data could still be provided on the website for download. Updating should the VAT position change would be a relatively quick and simple procedure with the uploading of a revised PDF.

Is this such a difficult task for an organisation the size of CAMC?

Is it being unreasonable to expect prices to be "readily" available even if offline? I note a report of one lost member because of this in a previous post.

replied on 26/01/2021 10:20

Posted on 26/01/2021 10:20

At the present time, there is a reduction on VAT effective until 31st March. It is not known yet whether the Chancellor will extend this scheme.

That holds little water. They managed easily enough on site web pages

Remember, you only pay 5% VAT until March 2021. A 12.5% reduction on all published prices will be applied to your booking when you arrive and pay for your stay on site.

SteveL replied on 26/01/2021 10:40

Posted on 26/01/2021 10:40

If  in the majority of cases the book just clutters up the bookshelf for two years, there really is little point in continuing to produce and send it. A bit like the telephone directories. However, unless the CAMC give folks the option of a digital membership, they are not going to find out.

replied on 26/01/2021 13:08

Posted on 26/01/2021 10:40 by SteveL

If  in the majority of cases the book just clutters up the bookshelf for two years, there really is little point in continuing to produce and send it. A bit like the telephone directories. However, unless the CAMC give folks the option of a digital membership, they are not going to find out.

Posted on 26/01/2021 13:08

In the majority of cases we have no idea. If I was in the minority I would still want paper book and definitely map

JVB66 replied on 26/01/2021 13:25

Posted on 26/01/2021 10:15 by cyberyacht

Following correspondence with CAMC, I received the following reply to my concerns.

"I appreciate your concerns about internet availability whilst touring and some members do not use computers or smart phones.

Therefore, any printed information could be inaccurate, whereas we can update the website with the correct data.

I hope you will be able to enjoy a holiday before too long.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me."

I have responded as follows :-

"Thank you for your reply although it has still not addressed the issues I have outlined in previous Emails.

Whilst I appreciate the VAT situation could impact on prices in any publication, that could apply in any year depending on the Chancellor’s Budget announcements.

Production of a PDF, with the information extracted from a relevant spreadsheet of pricing data could still be provided on the website for download. Updating should the VAT position change would be a relatively quick and simple procedure with the uploading of a revised PDF.

Is this such a difficult task for an organisation the size of CAMC?

Is it being unreasonable to expect prices to be "readily" available even if offline? I note a report of one lost member because of this in a previous post.

Posted on 26/01/2021 13:25

With the reply you have recieved and also the different take with the reply i recieved ,and and another different reply to another poster ,seems  that what has been suspected for quite some time the left and right hands at EGH are all working remotely from each othersurprised

The first reply i recieved advised that i should have recieved the new Handbook i could find them all in thatundecided

SteveL replied on 26/01/2021 14:38

Posted on 26/01/2021 13:08 by

In the majority of cases we have no idea. If I was in the minority I would still want paper book and definitely map

Posted on 26/01/2021 14:38

I think it likely the book and map will eventually be phased out, even if it’s only because of cost saving or to improve their environmental profile. A few years ago it was more of a necessity. However, phone / device ownership has increased dramatically and 4G coverage improved significantly. Perhaps a good half way house would be a downloadable PDF, as DK suggested. As paper use wouldn’t be an issue it could even contain prices, which could be updated annually. To minimise file size it could be issued in separate sections, club sites, CL’s, commercial and other info. Just download any sections you require.

Cornersteady replied on 26/01/2021 15:01

Posted on 26/01/2021 09:26 by cyberyacht

Since you seem determined to pursue this to the bitter end, yes the cruise companies have a "from" price which is for the cheapest cabin grade for a particular cruise. It doesn't have a "from" price for a three day mini cruise when referring to a three week trip round the Adriatic.

This is unlike the CAMC whose nightly "from" price refers to something like three available days in the back end of November which is sod all use when trying to price a break in July.

Is that clear enough for you!

Posted on 26/01/2021 15:01

well no, I'm not really following the  It doesn't have a "from" price for a three day mini cruise when referring to a three week trip round the Adriatic.

Why would it advertise a three day cruise when referring to a longer trip? Doesn't make sense at all. Can you opt for a three day trip as part of a three week trip?

yes the cruise companies have a "from" price which is for the cheapest cabin grade for a particular cruise

Does a particular cruise mean a particular date? or does that cabin keep it's prices for all dates? If so brilliant, but never noticed that on Thompsons or whatever it's called now.

Sorry CY it appears to me exactly the same as the club's from price. 

Cornersteady replied on 26/01/2021 15:11

Posted on 26/01/2021 15:11

The bottom line is quite simple. The club doesn't have a paper price list at the moment, is that correct? Personally I wouldn't use one and just see the on line prices if I needed to.

If this lack of a paper price list is really a great problem to some then don't use club sites. Don't waste your time, find a site or club that does. 

Personally I think under the current situation it would be the least of my worries if I was buying or booking anything as along as the prices were somewhere on line? 

But it would appear that as club sites are filling up quite nicely anyway. 

That's the true bottom line price isn't it, outfits on pitches?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook