2021 site price guide

TonyBurton replied on 24/12/2020 15:10

Posted on 24/12/2020 15:10

I've got my 2021 Site Directory. It says I should be able to download the 2021 Site Price Guide. I can't find how do it on the website. Any clues please?

Cornersteady replied on 26/01/2021 15:15

Posted on 26/01/2021 10:15 by cyberyacht

Following correspondence with CAMC, I received the following reply to my concerns.

"I appreciate your concerns about internet availability whilst touring and some members do not use computers or smart phones.

At the present time, there is a reduction on VAT effective until 31st March. It is not known yet whether the Chancellor will extend this scheme.

Therefore, any printed information could be inaccurate, whereas we can update the website with the correct data.

I hope you will be able to enjoy a holiday before too long.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me."

I have responded as follows :-

"Thank you for your reply although it has still not addressed the issues I have outlined in previous Emails.

Whilst I appreciate the VAT situation could impact on prices in any publication, that could apply in any year depending on the Chancellor’s Budget announcements.

Production of a PDF, with the information extracted from a relevant spreadsheet of pricing data could still be provided on the website for download. Updating should the VAT position change would be a relatively quick and simple procedure with the uploading of a revised PDF.

Is this such a difficult task for an organisation the size of CAMC?

Is it being unreasonable to expect prices to be "readily" available even if offline? I note a report of one lost member because of this in a previous post.

Posted on 26/01/2021 15:15

I note a report of one lost member because of this in a previous post.

Personally I do think that wasn't really the cause, or certainly the only reason of stopping membership, aren't good pitches on quality sites more important?

replied on 26/01/2021 16:10

Posted on 26/01/2021 16:10

Content has been removed.

cyberyacht replied on 27/01/2021 09:04

Posted on 27/01/2021 09:04

IT seems JVB has hit the nail on the head. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

My most recent Email to the Sites department bounced twice with "blocked for a technical reason". Have I been black-balled?

I therefore sent it to the General department with request to forward to the Sites department for a response. The General department came back back with an offer to put me on the list for a Price List which will be issued shortly notwithstanding that I had been told by the Sites department there wouldn't be one.

TonyBurton replied on 30/01/2021 20:53

Posted on 30/01/2021 20:53

The answer to my question is in the club magazine. They say they can't print a list yet because they don't know how long the reduction in VAT will be available.

SteveL replied on 30/01/2021 21:44

Posted on 30/01/2021 20:53 by TonyBurton

The answer to my question is in the club magazine. They say they can't print a list yet because they don't know how long the reduction in VAT will be available.

Posted on 30/01/2021 21:44

That’s a fairly poor excuse. It would be easy enough to produce it at the normal 20% with a note regarding the current reduction, that may / may not be extended. 

What will they do if VAT is increased to 21 / 22 % ( to help pay the COVID bill )  in a future budget.

cyberyacht replied on 31/01/2021 11:02

Posted on 31/01/2021 11:02

SL wrote "What will they do if VAT is increased to 21 / 22 % ( to help pay the COVID bill ) in a future budget."

That's exactly the point I raised in my Email. They didn't answer the question though, merely said they'd add me to the pile for a price list.

harryb replied on 04/02/2021 13:40

Posted on 04/02/2021 13:40

I have just come in on this post after talking an hour ago to Live Chat about the supplement.

The bottom line is according to their reply that the supplement is not available yet and my request has been out onto a waiting list, (there words) for delivery when it's available. 

I haven't read all the replies to this post but it seems that people have sent off emails re the whereabouts of the list. So something doesn't seem right. The book was published with site details so a price supplement should have been in the pipeline at the same time. It's weeks since I received my handbook so surely they've had time to print a supplement

Why do I want a supplement? Because as a member I should be entitled to it to go with the handbook. Not everyone has internet facilities when away from home on tour and wanting to plan ahead.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook