Club AGM 2020

RowenaBCAMC replied on 05/10/2020 10:53

Posted on 05/10/2020 10:53

The Club AGM will take place at 2pm on Saturday 24 October 2020. 

However, due to the challenges and uncertainties arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and with the health and safety of our members being our priority, the meeting will no longer take place at Chester Racecourse.

The AGM will now be available to view via a Zoom webinar. More information can be found here: www.caravanclub.co.uk/agm/ smile

brue replied on 05/10/2020 14:31

Posted on 05/10/2020 13:31 by Goldie146

Well, I've registered (because it said places are limited!). It's the only time I'm ever likely to go to a CAMC meeting.

Posted on 05/10/2020 14:31

I'll be interested to hear about your experience! I've read through the details and it's a learning curve if you've not taken part in anything similar!

(I thought I'd done quite well getting the magazine crossword answers to the club on line till it came back as not sent!) wink

I think we've all gone up a technical notch during Covid so I admire the club for getting everything organised, I hope it goes well.

DavidKlyne replied on 05/10/2020 15:55

Posted on 05/10/2020 14:20 by peedee

Why are places limited? Surely this is not limited by zoom? I would have thought it an ideal medium to reach out to as many members as possible?

peedee

Posted on 05/10/2020 15:55

Perhaps the reality is that AGM's are usually relatively sparsely attended and if they have a massive interaction online it will turn into a giant question and answer session rather than an AGM? I have never got the impression that many questions are asked at and AGM but that could be wrong as they could just edit them out of the official AGM Minutes.

David

Goldie146 replied on 05/10/2020 16:27

Posted on 05/10/2020 14:20 by peedee

Why are places limited? Surely this is not limited by zoom? I would have thought it an ideal medium to reach out to as many members as possible?

peedee

Posted on 05/10/2020 16:27

Money? I think Zoom costs may vary based on the number of participants.

RowenaBCAMC replied on 06/10/2020 09:13

Posted on 06/10/2020 09:13

Hi there, just to confirm Zoom allows routinely for 100 people to join a meeting and we have secured an additional licence which will allow for more people to view the proceedings however there is still limit on the number so if you are interested in attending we advice you register now. 

Barking50 replied on 06/10/2020 14:48

Posted on 06/10/2020 14:48

I am trying to vote for the AGM but the system says I have not entered an ID that it has not asked for. Anyone able to help?

This is the message

The Unique Voter Code that you have entered is invalid. There could be a number of reasons for this:

You have entered the code incorrectly. Please click on the previous step and enter the number again.
The event that you are trying to participate in has closed. Please contact your event organizer.

The form does not request a unique voter code

peedee replied on 07/10/2020 09:22

Posted on 07/10/2020 09:22

I cannot help but I get the same result. I also note if you want to ask a question via Slido, the number of characters allowed are restricted and are too few for my needs. If you want to see the questions already asked, log onto >Slido<, the code is E936

peedee

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook