Club comparisons...

Colin The Card replied on 12/05/2021 10:23

Posted on 12/05/2021 10:23

I suspect a lot of members are also members of other clubs and groups. I'm also a member of the Caravan and Camping Club, the Motor Caravaners Club and our own Owners Group. I was delighted to be informed by the Caravan and Camping Club that they effectively reducing their membership fees this year by 3 months and the site fees do not appear to have increased either. We are attending a wedding near Leek over August bank holiday, so naturally we will be staying over for 3 nights in the motorhome.

Now oddly, both the Caravan and Motorhome Home Club and the Camping and Caravan Club have club sites and are actually adjacent to each other. So naturally we compared costs. Over the 3 nights, the C&CC is over £30 cheaper! Last year I noted something similar at the Sandringham sites. Yes there is a difference in the way the sites are kept maybe, but £10 a night's worth?

I don't know why the "Club" is now doing Temporary Holiday sites when they are in t he £30 a night bracket when the competition offers the same or similar events for between £8 and £12.

I have just paid my membership fees for this year, but I think I'll be going to CLs from now on.

EmilysDad replied on 12/05/2021 13:38

Posted on 12/05/2021 13:21 by

I only know the Leek setup since I lived 5 miles away, I have used the CAMC site but saw nothing different at the other site literally across the road . However if you are happy with the CAMC as you obviously are so well and good but it does no harm to let others know there is an alternative.

Posted on 12/05/2021 13:38

we've been to Leek site .... as my BIL said .... Leek is bleak!

replied on 12/05/2021 13:52

Posted on 12/05/2021 13:38 by EmilysDad

we've been to Leek site .... as my BIL said .... Leek is bleak!

Posted on 12/05/2021 13:52

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

EmilysDad replied on 12/05/2021 14:09

Posted on 12/05/2021 13:52 by

I hope he meant the sites not the market town.wink

Posted on 12/05/2021 14:09

it was where the phantom leaf blower was apparently practicing her skills during a storm when there wasn't a stray leaf within a mile of the place.

SteveL replied on 12/05/2021 14:33

Posted on 12/05/2021 14:33

We have yet to stay at a C&CC site, despite being members for over a year, due to covid. So I can’t comment on the quality etc. However, those I have booked for non peak this year are substantially less than standard CAMC prices due to the age related discount. The one we have booked for August when ARD does not apply is slightly more than the average CAMC site. In all cases the prices are for HS with EHU. For us at least it would seem the main difference is the age related discount. Without that there would not be much to choose between them as far as price is concerned.

peedee replied on 12/05/2021 16:07

Posted on 12/05/2021 16:07

For us at least it would seem the main difference is the age related discount. Without that there would not be much to choose between them as far as price is concerned.

Its still cheaper Steve, in rthe case of Sandringham by £5p.n. I am on the home straight for veteran membership so it is going to get even cheaper.

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 12/05/2021 16:21

Posted on 12/05/2021 16:07 by peedee

For us at least it would seem the main difference is the age related discount. Without that there would not be much to choose between them as far as price is concerned.

Its still cheaper Steve, in rthe case of Sandringham by £5p.n. I am on the home straight for veteran membership so it is going to get even cheaper.

peedee

Posted on 12/05/2021 16:21

Don’t get too excited, PD. Veteran membership only saves £21 or £24 per year depending on the type of membership.😀

moulesy replied on 12/05/2021 16:50

Posted on 12/05/2021 16:50

We were members of both clubs for many years and stayed on all sorts of sites. Primarily, we used C&CC sites for their location in transit, good examples being Wolverley and Kingsbury Water Park. There were others that we used (for short stays) for their own location such as Polstead, Devizes and Cheddar. For longer stays we nearly always chose CAMC sites until discovering some great CLs.

Location was always the major factor, price hardly ever a factor although, as Steve says the ARD undoubted made C&CC sites slightly cheaper.

young thomas replied on 12/05/2021 18:13

Posted on 12/05/2021 18:13

one of the key differences is the availability of the huge diary of Temp Hol Sites with C&CC, usually requiring no booking and many sites are close or right in town centres (RFC/school sports grounds etc) which are priced from around £9-£12 pupn.

kenexton replied on 12/05/2021 20:03

Posted on 12/05/2021 20:03

We have been members of the CMC for 32 years and the CCC for 29 years.They are different but both have a range of site types and variations of quality within their offer to Members.We have recently left the CCC Winchcombe site which is a worthy rival to a CMC site in all respects.Our previous site at Moreton in Marsh,although still excellent,is looking slightly tired by comparison.The CMC sites do generally seem to be of a marginally higher standard but,as stated earlier,not universally so.

The CMC do seem to have a policy of frequent upgrading of most of their sites whereas the CCC do tend to "blitz" a site and then neglect it for several years,until another complete refurb is required,

"Little and often" by the CMC or "do it up and move on to the next one" by the CCC.

CL or CS ?No real differences in the analysis-some are good others less so under both flags.

For us the  CCC does definitely score with their DA's THS offers,we have had some really enjoyable times at them.In 32 years of CMC membership we have only been  to two CMC Rallies and we found them both  to be a bit too "cliquish" for our taste  but I accept that this may be an unfair judgement by us.

Both Clubs are well worth the relatively small cost of membership,given what they both have to offer.

redface replied on 12/05/2021 22:36

Posted on 12/05/2021 22:36

Just wait another week or two and I have no doubt that you will be able to 'Go Compare'.

I live in hope!

Before you ask - no it is not a town in kent.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook