Club Week

RowenaBCAMC replied on 01/10/2020 12:30

Posted on 01/10/2020 12:30

Calling all members: We're putting the final touches together for our first ever "Club Week". Starting on Monday 12 October, we'll be bringing you the latest information from all of our products and services via a series of daily forums hosted by TV presenter, Club member and campervanner, Matt Allwright.
Matt will be talking to the Club’s Director General, Nick Lomas, about what’s been happening in 2020 (and there’s been a lot!) and looking forward to 2021 and Club plans. If you have a question you'd like Matt to ask Nick, please let us know here by 3 o'clock Friday 2 October ➡️ https://fal.cn/3aEgR

Takethedogalong replied on 05/10/2020 10:36

Posted on 05/10/2020 10:36

Oh Pete, where have you been😂

In terms of reassurance, commitment to Members, this year has been a roller coaster of a ride. The higher echelons got things badly wrong at the outset of C19, and the impending National lockdown, even producing a video that had to be withdrawn after only a couple of days. It did get a bit better, but another hiccup was the voucher scheme that didn’t, then did have date sensitive vouchers🤷‍♀️

Credit where it’s due, Sites were re opened, and have been very popular, staff have said they got the support they needed, and most folks appear to have been satisfied with what was on offer, Club had a huge boost from desperate newbies realising that touring in a box was safest option at the moment.

Agree with DK, wants in depth questions, not argumentative fluff......

What spending on improvements?

How is Club finance coping in current economic climate?

Are the staffing levels safe?

Any changes in future if C19 is her for years?

peedee replied on 10/10/2020 15:54

Posted on 10/10/2020 15:54

Will there be programs every day on FB if so are they all at the same time of 1500 BST? I assume they will be recorded so will they also be available to watch at times as and when convenient to members?

Some advanced notice of content would be appreciated.

peedee

brue replied on 10/10/2020 18:24

Posted on 02/10/2020 20:08 by peedee

It strikes me that Club Week might well be a means of fending off too many question for the AGM?

Peedee

Posted on 10/10/2020 18:24

Well that's proved to be nothing to worry about! wink

DavidKlyne replied on 10/10/2020 20:13

Posted on 10/10/2020 18:24 by brue

Well that's proved to be nothing to worry about! wink

Posted on 10/10/2020 20:13

37 questions asked for the AGM and quite a few could be combined together. They seem to cover most of the topics we usually get on here. The interesting thing will be how they are dealt with and whether they are treated seriously? If they are dealt with in depth at least we will know where the Club is heading, probably too much to wish for!!!!

Not sure they have published a list of questions for Club Week but the same applies.

David

peedee replied on 11/10/2020 08:47

Posted on 11/10/2020 08:47

The interesting thing will be how they are dealt with and whether they are treated seriously? If they are dealt with in depth at least we will know where the Club is heading, probably too much to wish for

If it turns out to be too much to wish for the Club will be thought of in a very poor light. Interestingly, out of the the most popular 6 questions, 4 of them are about the booking system and relate to the requirement for deposits.

I note the C&CC have published their Facebook timetable for the absence of the NEC show. This starts on the 13th with daily sessions through until the 18th Oct. Recordings will be available on U-Tube.

peedee

peedee replied on 12/10/2020 10:28

Posted on 10/10/2020 15:54 by peedee

Will there be programs every day on FB if so are they all at the same time of 1500 BST? I assume they will be recorded so will they also be available to watch at times as and when convenient to members?

Some advanced notice of content would be appreciated.

peedee

Posted on 12/10/2020 10:28

I see FB has provided the answers!.

peedee

brue replied on 12/10/2020 10:57

Posted on 12/10/2020 10:57

Yes, I just had a look...non FB users should be able to see what is happening if they click the F symbol in the Keep in Touch area at the bottom of the page. I presume the Nick Lomas chat is at 11am today?

brue replied on 12/10/2020 13:35

Posted on 12/10/2020 13:35

In the end I watched by the link on the main web site HERE (click on Watch Now)

Can't comment really except to say it's good to talk! 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook