March Magazine

nelliethehooker replied on 03/03/2021 20:34

Posted on 03/03/2021 20:34

I received the March issue of the club's magazine today. A quick read through brought up a number of issues. Apart from IMO error in plugging the Northern 500 there is a big plug on page 9 for CLs where it states that (I quote) "There are 2260 Certificate Locations across the UK (as of January this year)" If that was the case there have been 60 CLs lost already this year a s the total today stands at 2200, which I don't believe that there has been looking at the updates,given by Maddie and in the magazine. On page 15 there a short article titled "Look out for Club Week" which has already passed on 22-26 Feb, not much use on March 3rd!! In the CL Update section there's an update on 758 at Tenterden which mentions a Toft Country House Hotel & Golf Club CL, but that does not appear in the club's website  CL section. Doesn't anyone at HO check the facts before publishing the articles?

replied on 04/03/2021 19:54

Posted on 03/03/2021 20:55 by Hja

Well you read it more thoroughly than me!  Although I did notice the plug for the Northern 500 which I thought was a bit irresponsible.  They dont seem to be pushing the many other areas of the country where club site bookings are not full yet.  Good - I might be able to go to those places.

I have to say it only takes me one cup of tea to get through the magazine.  I flip through in the vain hope there may be something of interest.

Posted on 04/03/2021 19:54

The CMC mag has improved immensely in recent times. Now that it comes in a paper envelope there is no need to open the wrapper before recycling it

LLM replied on 04/03/2021 20:00

Posted on 04/03/2021 19:54 by

The CMC mag has improved immensely in recent times. Now that it comes in a paper envelope there is no need to open the wrapper before recycling it

Posted on 04/03/2021 20:00

😄😆😃😁🤣👍

Kasspa replied on 04/03/2021 21:43

Posted on 03/03/2021 21:59 by DavidKlyne

Surely the point about the NC500 is that people are going to visit anyway so why not have some proper information about it. I see it was written by Andrew Ditton who has a great deal of personal experience of living and touring in Scotland. He was careful to point out places to stay and places not to go with a car and caravan or a large motorhome. BTW Andrew Ditton has some excellent YouTube videos on the Outer Hebrides on his channel for anyone thinking of visiting.

David

Posted on 04/03/2021 21:43

As I had booked our trip for NC500 back in November '20, I found it most interesting & was able to add a couple of things to my itinerary at places that were included in Andrews report that we will be visiting.....

So, that's a thanks from me..... 

nelliethehooker replied on 04/03/2021 21:50

Posted on 04/03/2021 21:50

Thanks B2 for reporting my post, and thanks Ro for passing my points to the relevant departments. I wait to hear their explanations, but won't be holding my breath.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook