Membership query

Doolan replied on 27/06/2020 20:25

Posted on 27/06/2020 20:25

Hi , we are new to the caravan club and are a little confused with how the membership works . So my in-laws are members and me and my wife have been added as additional members. Our membership cards have arrived so we have registered on the side and added our membership numbers but when I come to book a site it’s listing that we are non members ,can anyone help with this ? 

Tinwheeler replied on 27/06/2020 21:59

Posted on 27/06/2020 21:52 by JVB66

The  way we always book 

pitch  

it then asks amount of adults  ie 2

which should give the amount per night ,that will be the members price 

a non member is £14 per night more but do not think they can book on line

If unsure ask your inlaws how they do it

Posted on 27/06/2020 21:59

It’s £12 per night extra for non-members and, yes, they can book online.

Doolan replied on 27/06/2020 22:02

Posted on 27/06/2020 22:02

Brand new Motorhome we are going to be the first to use it next weekend so they don’t know either 🤣

It’s all good though I expect there to be a few things I get wrong but it’s like anything in life you live and learn .aslong as I remember 2 things, 1 don’t forget the baby and 2 don’t flatten the battery and we will be fine 😅

JVB66 replied on 27/06/2020 22:11

Posted on 27/06/2020 22:02 by Doolan

Brand new Motorhome we are going to be the first to use it next weekend so they don’t know either 🤣

It’s all good though I expect there to be a few things I get wrong but it’s like anything in life you live and learn .aslong as I remember 2 things, 1 don’t forget the baby and 2 don’t flatten the battery and we will be fine 😅

Posted on 27/06/2020 22:11

If next weekend is the first outing ,it seems it will be quite diferent to the normall booking in process as those arriving on the 4th July will get a call from club staff to take  payment over the phone and a specific arrival time as it is the first time any sites will be open after the virus lockdown 

Where are you going?

With the present situation it will also be a learning curve for the site staff , but if in dought do not be afraid to even from a distance ask wink

Tinwheeler replied on 27/06/2020 22:13

Posted on 27/06/2020 22:13

Don’t worry, you'll soon get the hang of it. The warden and fellow members will be willing to help if you get problems but in the current circumstances, may be not quite so forthcoming.

Don't, please, make the dreaded mistake of emptying your toilet cassette into the ordinary dirty water drain!

I suggest you download the pdf of the site map from the web page of your chosen site and familiarise yourself with the layout. Knowing where the facility block, the motorhome service point and the chemical disposal points are in advance may be useful.

Good luck!

DSB replied on 28/06/2020 12:01

Posted on 27/06/2020 22:02 by Doolan

Posted on 28/06/2020 12:01

All the best Doolan.  Fingers crossed it all works out well.  Do let us know how you get on with it all...  it's sometimes useful for folk to read how folk get on.....  it might jog their memory...  Dont forget.. the wine, and wine glasses!!  😃😃🍷🍷

David

MikeyA replied on 28/06/2020 12:16

Posted on 28/06/2020 12:16

I suggest you download the pdf of the site map from the web page of your chosen site and familiarise yourself with the layout. Knowing where the facility block, the motorhome service point and the chemical disposal points are in advance may be useful.

As you will not want the sleeping baby to be disturbed by noise, I would suggest avoiding areas near the facilities block and the dog walk.

EmilysDad replied on 28/06/2020 13:41

Posted on 28/06/2020 12:01 by DSB

All the best Doolan.  Fingers crossed it all works out well.  Do let us know how you get on with it all...  it's sometimes useful for folk to read how folk get on.....  it might jog their memory...  Dont forget.. the wine, and wine glasses!!  😃😃🍷🍷

David

Posted on 28/06/2020 13:41

Dont forget.. the wine, and wine glasses!!  

and cork screw if applicable 😉

Colin Dav replied on 14/07/2020 13:19

Posted on 28/06/2020 13:41 by EmilysDad

Dont forget.. the wine, and wine glasses!!  

and cork screw if applicable 😉

Posted on 14/07/2020 13:19

Yes, the corkscrew is to be recommended. Forgot mine one trip and had to borrow one from another caravaner. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook