Not all about money

KevBailey replied on 29/04/2021 23:00

Posted on 29/04/2021 23:00

I personally think the CMHC has a lot to learn about marketing. The KANO model explains about exciters and dissatisfiers. I’ve been a member of the ccc for just over a year and have just received an unexpected 3 month extension, in marketing they call this an exciter. Having been a member of this club for over 25 years, I’m beginning to wonder why this club isn’t doing something similar, and wonder how many other members of both clubs feel the same? When I opened the letter today, my first thought wasn’t about the money I saved, but appreciation of a fantastic gesture.

Takethedogalong replied on 01/05/2021 15:42

Posted on 01/05/2021 15:42

I am currently enjoying the benefits of a ladies cycle saddle. After sitting on some of the “blades” my OH can happily use, it’s sheer blissšŸ˜‚

Just done 45 minutes climbing (virtually) up to lighthouse, Cap de Formentor. Without that saddle, I think I would need to be surgically extracted from his bikešŸ˜µšŸ˜

SteveL replied on 01/05/2021 17:25

Posted on 01/05/2021 10:49 by Tinwheeler

Those sites are a minority though and I'm sure we all realise tenters are generally not well catered for.

Posted on 01/05/2021 17:25

They are increasing in number however. When we joined in 2005 they were very few and far between. Clumber Park now has 6 electric tent pitches. That is out of 174 though, I would have thought they could run to a few more. As the site has 87 grass pitches it always seemed a bit odd they did not allow tents. I think the diversity into tents and Glamping is great. Allowing family members who do not have an RV to meet up for a holiday.

JVB66 replied on 01/05/2021 17:30

Posted on 01/05/2021 17:25 by SteveL

They are increasing in number however. When we joined in 2005 they were very few and far between. Clumber Park now has 6 electric tent pitches. That is out of 174 though, I would have thought they could run to a few more. As the site has 87 grass pitches it always seemed a bit odd they did not allow tents. I think the diversity into tents and Glamping is great. Allowing family members who do not have an RV to meet up for a holiday.

Posted on 01/05/2021 17:30

In the past the cc site at Clumber park was not allowed by the Leasers, the National Trust,  as the ccc had their own leased site in the walled garden?  when this clubs lease came up for renewal ,the ccc had moved away

The NT now have their own tenting area not open as long as this clubs site

Tinwheeler replied on 01/05/2021 17:34

Posted on 01/05/2021 17:25 by SteveL

Posted on 01/05/2021 17:34

+ 1 on diversity, Steve. It's surely the way to go.šŸ‘šŸ»

SteveL replied on 01/05/2021 17:35

Posted on 01/05/2021 17:35

Not a pup tent. Two man ridge tent. Lower Wensleydale. It was a very long walk down that drive from the top to have a pee, and a right ruddy climb back up as well in the dark.

It still is. We met up with our sons there when the TDF went through Leyburn. Fortunately we arrived several days before them and phoned telling them to bring the old porta potty from our family camping days. They ate with us, so at least didn’t have to wander down the hill with the washing up. They certainly couldn’t be classified user friendly pitches.šŸ˜‚

JVB66 replied on 01/05/2021 17:43

Posted on 01/05/2021 14:48 by Takethedogalong

Impact injury. Itā€™s not the running on the pavements that does it, itā€™s not wearing the right footwear. Back when I earned a living playing sport, (as opposed to planning and delivering sports services) sophisticated footwear, suitable for different activities was in its infancy. Hence my foot and joint issues. The shoulder injuries were also (high) impact. The nag dumped me over a fence. I cleared it, he didnā€™t, but thankfully I had a hat on, and the ambulance didnā€™t take long! šŸ¤•šŸ˜‚

Not a pup tent. Two man ridge tent. Lower Wensleydale. It was a very long walk down that drive from the top to have a pee, and a right ruddy climb back up as well in the dark. Castleton I recall as a scrubby little patch thatā€™s no longer there. The Racecourse Sites were best for camping, Hexham, Wincanton, Fakenham. So thatā€™s a retrograde step for tent campers who are Club Members, all three of these no longer on network. I ended up joining CCC to find better camping options, especially as you can camp on CS sites. 

Posted on 01/05/2021 17:43

It is what he has been told ,with modern running shoes That are made for all types of running he would not now suffer 

JVB66 replied on 01/05/2021 17:58

Posted on 01/05/2021 17:58

Diversity was what i posted a few days ago ,hence many organisations are looking to the future of touring ,when I think it will be smaller hi rid cars paying to travel on UK roads and stopping at is now LV sites which will be more pod type accomodation or tents that do not need much home storage

I was reading in todays paper that batteries ,are expected to be able to be charged to 80percent in 15 mins by 2035 to make owning full EVs more acceptable for distance driving,

JVB66 replied on 01/05/2021 18:05

Posted on 01/05/2021 14:48 by Takethedogalong

Impact injury. Itā€™s not the running on the pavements that does it, itā€™s not wearing the right footwear. Back when I earned a living playing sport, (as opposed to planning and delivering sports services) sophisticated footwear, suitable for different activities was in its infancy. Hence my foot and joint issues. The shoulder injuries were also (high) impact. The nag dumped me over a fence. I cleared it, he didnā€™t, but thankfully I had a hat on, and the ambulance didnā€™t take long! šŸ¤•šŸ˜‚

Not a pup tent. Two man ridge tent. Lower Wensleydale. It was a very long walk down that drive from the top to have a pee, and a right ruddy climb back up as well in the dark. Castleton I recall as a scrubby little patch thatā€™s no longer there. The Racecourse Sites were best for camping, Hexham, Wincanton, Fakenham. So thatā€™s a retrograde step for tent campers who are Club Members, all three of these no longer on network. I ended up joining CCC to find better camping options, especially as you can camp on CS sites. 

Posted on 01/05/2021 18:05

"Pup tents" in those days read ridge tentwink

JVB66 replied on 01/05/2021 18:45

Posted on 01/05/2021 18:05 by JVB66

"Pup tents" in those days read ridge tentwink

Posted on 01/05/2021 18:45

Ps ,just been advised by a friends of ours who were wardens at Lower Wensleydale Back in the days when the site was on a lease by the really old owner   and she advises that part of the lease was to take tents that was also a requirement by the LA to try to keep wild camping to a minimum in the areasurprised

JVB66 replied on 01/05/2021 19:00

Posted on 01/05/2021 15:42 by Takethedogalong

I am currently enjoying the benefits of a ladies cycle saddle. After sitting on some of the ā€œbladesā€ my OH can happily use, itā€™s sheer blissšŸ˜‚

Just done 45 minutes climbing (virtually) up to lighthouse, Cap de Formentor. Without that saddle, I think I would need to be surgically extracted from his bikešŸ˜µšŸ˜

Posted on 01/05/2021 19:00

When we were in Majorca we met a couple we knew from CC sites use ,and as we had a hire car went out for the day with them and did Cap de Formentor  avoiding the tour de France practicing teamssurprised

When we were at home we got a postcard from them, with a picture of the road saying if they had seen the route before they would have chickened out of the tripcool

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook