Not moving with the times

Del Sandy replied on 21/08/2020 12:37

Posted on 21/08/2020 12:37

This club could be fantastic, if only it was to listen to its members, some reasons below;

1. Very slow website, cannot find a website as slow as this one, even ones you do not have to pay for!

2. Inability to search for fully serviced pitches (perhaps because they do not have many)

3. Being superseded by free forums such as Adults only caravan sites on Facebook

4. Wasting money, why does the club not ask all members if they need a magazine, I would have been happy to have an electronic version, also helping the environment

5. With all my posts asking for reasons for these issues not being addressed and approaching the site directly no action has been taken, or even reasons why they cannot

I have enjoyed the discussions on the site and interestingly my concerns have been covered several times by others. Note the times I go on the website has to be on off peak times due to the slow website.

It is sad that I will not be renewing my membership, as I do not intend to pay for membership where there is no official feedback from the club when issues are raised.

Hopefully I will rejoin when basic issues are sorted out.

Kind Regards

Derek

KPT1230 replied on 26/09/2020 17:14

Posted on 21/08/2020 12:37 by Del Sandy

This club could be fantastic, if only it was to listen to its members, some reasons below;

1. Very slow website, cannot find a website as slow as this one, even ones you do not have to pay for!

2. Inability to search for fully serviced pitches (perhaps because they do not have many)

3. Being superseded by free forums such as Adults only caravan sites on Facebook

4. Wasting money, why does the club not ask all members if they need a magazine, I would have been happy to have an electronic version, also helping the environment

5. With all my posts asking for reasons for these issues not being addressed and approaching the site directly no action has been taken, or even reasons why they cannot

I have enjoyed the discussions on the site and interestingly my concerns have been covered several times by others. Note the times I go on the website has to be on off peak times due to the slow website.

It is sad that I will not be renewing my membership, as I do not intend to pay for membership where there is no official feedback from the club when issues are raised.

Hopefully I will rejoin when basic issues are sorted out.

Kind Regards

Derek

Posted on 26/09/2020 17:14

In this day and age the club needs to upgrade their sites to have fully serviced pitches available. I will not be renewing my membership because of this.

EmilysDad replied on 26/09/2020 19:15

Posted on 26/09/2020 17:14 by KPT1230

In this day and age the club needs to upgrade their sites to have fully serviced pitches available. I will not be renewing my membership because of this.

Posted on 26/09/2020 19:15

A lot of sites do have serviced pitches. If you mean you want ALL pitches to be serviced then not everyone wants to pay out more for something they don't really want or need.

JVB66 replied on 26/09/2020 19:35

Posted on 26/09/2020 19:35

You will be very unlikely to find many sites that meet your spec,which will very much curtail your touring in the UK

Tinwheeler replied on 26/09/2020 19:42

Posted on 26/09/2020 19:42

They have.👍🏻

DSB replied on 26/09/2020 21:14

Posted on 26/09/2020 21:14

The Club does try to accommodate members.  There are members who have no interest full serviced pitches.  I like a serviced pitch and there is a list which I made to make it easier for folk to find them.  See Here:

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/uk-sites-touring/list-of-club-sites-with-full-serviced-pitches/

It is also possible to search for serviced pitches by using the app.

Hope this helps.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook