Wifi Price rise

Mikeyj replied on 10/04/2019 16:22

Posted on 10/04/2019 16:22

CAMC have put up the cost of wifi on its sites by 10% on the annual charge to £27.50. Have I missed something as there doesn’t appear to be anything in the way of explanation on the website or magazine?. Are they hoping that no-one will notice?

replied on 22/07/2020 15:57

Posted on 22/07/2020 14:39 by Cornersteady

Ok then why not present them without being sarcastic to other posters? undecided

Posted on 22/07/2020 15:57

Free wifi can be good, I have certainly had free wifi that as far as is discernible to me is as good as at home. There again I don't get blistering speeds at home and so if a page download appears as as quick and my youtube doesn't buffer and google maps and my weather forecast appears OK it is as good as at home for me. Davids example of a website abroad shows that free wifi can be good. Wifi is wifi and if it can be good in another country then it can be in this,  

I have rarely used free wifi but have had free wifi on a few sites over the last 6 years and it has been fine and better than some paid for site wifi. One at the affiliated site near Harlech and one at Wagtail Park affiliated site last year come to mind. 

I also had 'nearly' free wifi at Gaer Hyfryd Caravan Club Site near Corwen. It was £1 for up to 7 nights for at least 2 users (may have been more users I have no idea). That also was fine. 

I am not likely to use free wifi in many other situations. Used it in a Tesco near Utoxeter to find somewhere to buy a mifi and don't think it was very good necessarily but don't know a it was fine for what I wanted. Used it at a Morissons near Hereford as there was no mobile signal or wifi at Moorhampton, Hereford and we rarely use hotspots unless available at the caravan. OH had just started a forum and we wanted to get in touch and so used Morrisons for lunch and wifi. It ran my You tube watches fine and so good enough for me

replied on 25/07/2020 22:58

Posted on 30/04/2019 09:44 by SteveL

Morris Leisure still charge for their WiFi, according to their web site. Haven't stayed for a while but it was about Ā£10 for a week. You were also unable to try before you bought in.

Posted on 25/07/2020 22:58

You used to be able to try the speed at CMC sites but only with access to club's website. Over the years the clubs website has become so slow that it offers no guidance on haw proper websites might perform using club's wifi

SteveL replied on 26/07/2020 08:09

Posted on 25/07/2020 22:58 by

You used to be able to try the speed at CMC sites but only with access to club's website. Over the years the clubs website has become so slow that it offers no guidance on haw proper websites might perform using club's wifi

Posted on 26/07/2020 08:09

I would agree with that assessment, given its performance in recent months, which seems to be worse and more sustained than ever. We can only hope that it is in some way covid related and will start to improve under the new normal.šŸ¤ž 

replied on 10/08/2020 13:04

Posted on 26/07/2020 08:09 by SteveL

I would agree with that assessment, given its performance in recent months, which seems to be worse and more sustained than ever. We can only hope that it is in some way covid related and will start to improve under the new normal.šŸ¤ž 

Posted on 10/08/2020 13:04

Do you mean it's got a virus? 

timlabourne replied on 28/09/2020 22:05

Posted on 28/09/2020 22:05

I have paid for the club wifi for a couple of years now and I cant recall ever being able to connect to a useable service - no more I will just use mobile data, its been a complete waste of money for me.

JVB66 replied on 30/09/2020 16:35

Posted on 30/09/2020 16:06 by honestjohn1

I agree, another rip off from our so called club!

Posted on 30/09/2020 16:35

Rip off? i wish our wifi at home was £27 per year for what i use it for, and the Airangel site wifi is designed for surprised

ps it is not cc wifi ,who do you pay for access?undecided

MEL6OBAR replied on 27/12/2020 10:03

Posted on 27/12/2020 10:03

I personally think the club wifi is good value for money, those of us who use our caravans on a regular basis as quoted by caravaner JVB66 at 4p per day it is excellent value, i have worked out mine to around the same, i think if the people who are using their phones with inclusive deals worked it out they would realise they are paying much more.

One final thought if you dont like dont pay it simple do without, i remember a letter in the club magazine from a member who was in a fit of rage when the membership price went up by one pound a year a said he would cancel his membership, i wonder if he realised that he saves around £10 on pitch fees per night as opposed to none members !? i wonder if he did it.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook