Airangel WIFI

Fatles replied on 01/10/2018 21:50

Posted on 01/10/2018 21:50

I have recently been to Black Knowl site. I tried to login to the WIFI each time it just returned to the login or register page. I went to reception and the lady was very helpful even though she couldn't solve the problem. She gave me a number to ring for Airangel. I rang the number and the person tried to solve the problem. Unfortunately he couldn't and said he would escalate it to so,done senior and they would ring me. 3 hours later I heard nothing so rang again and the lady told me that it had been escalated but as it was Saturday there would be no one in until Monday. 

After the wait I'd had on Saturday I decided to go out in the afternoon. I received a call at about 14.30 I told him that I was away from my iPad and could he call back in 2 hours. He did say that I had be given 24hr connection. I arrived back at the caravan at about 16.00 and tried to connect, the same thing happened as on the earlier occasions. I waited for his call and low and behold I a man still waiting. I arrived home on the 25th September.

Fatles replied on 04/08/2019 11:07

Posted on 03/08/2019 23:11 by redface

Use your mobile phone as a personal hotspot. Tendency is for a better , more reliable connection!

Posted on 04/08/2019 11:07

Thanks. I will try that when I return at the end of September.

ClintE replied on 27/08/2019 16:15

Posted on 27/08/2019 16:15

I pay the annual fee for Club WiFi and am finding more and more that I'm getting less value for money. Stayed on the new CAMC site at Bridport earlier this year and although wifi is listed as available on site it does not mention that there is a charge and the subscribed CAMC wifi membership is not available. I am finding it harder and harder to get good and sometimes any wifi on sites and so have upgraded my mobile to unlimited data such that provided I have a network signal I will use my data instead of CAMC wifi. I will review club wifi each year to see if there is any improvement.

SteveL replied on 27/08/2019 16:42

Posted on 27/08/2019 16:15 by ClintE

I pay the annual fee for Club WiFi and am finding more and more that I'm getting less value for money. Stayed on the new CAMC site at Bridport earlier this year and although wifi is listed as available on site it does not mention that there is a charge and the subscribed CAMC wifi membership is not available. I am finding it harder and harder to get good and sometimes any wifi on sites and so have upgraded my mobile to unlimited data such that provided I have a network signal I will use my data instead of CAMC wifi. I will review club wifi each year to see if there is any improvement.

Posted on 27/08/2019 16:42

Yes agree re Bingham Grange, although it mentions the charge (at least it does now) it is not particularly obvious. Personally I think it would have made more sense to include it in the price, until they get it changed over.

Dont agree re the quality of the WiFi however. We have been subscribing for years and personally I feel there has been a noticeable improvement over the last two years. Certainly at the sites we frequent.

If you have unlimited on your phone it will depend very much on the sites you visit, as to wether the CAMC offering is worth it. Some  sites have poor or non existent mobile coverage, so the site WiFi provides a useful back up. It depends on how much you need it I suppose.πŸ˜€

inky replied on 03/01/2020 14:22

Posted on 03/01/2020 14:22

Yes I've had nothing but trouble with caravan and motor home WiFi, I 've been on various sites ,and before anyone says it's my equipment it's not, all works well at home, I've complained lots,to airangle and nothing happens, I've spoken to wardens they're it's cos to many are on it,it's not, the signal is up and down all the time ,one minutiae it's 3bars strength then drop p s to 1 then nothing ,then 2 then nothing, I payed the anual fee which has gone up to£ 27.50, I won't be doing that again, so airangle you can stick your wi fi.

JVB66 replied on 03/01/2020 15:59

Posted on 03/01/2020 14:22 by inky

Yes I've had nothing but trouble with caravan and motor home WiFi, I 've been on various sites ,and before anyone says it's my equipment it's not, all works well at home, I've complained lots,to airangle and nothing happens, I've spoken to wardens they're it's cos to many are on it,it's not, the signal is up and down all the time ,one minutiae it's 3bars strength then drop p s to 1 then nothing ,then 2 then nothing, I payed the anual fee which has gone up toΒ£ 27.50, I won't be doing that again, so airangle you can stick your wi fi.

Posted on 03/01/2020 15:59

We have used Air Angel WiFi on club site since it was first introduced, and last year did 211 nights ( mostly club sites) and if used as requested, and have had few problems ,but as site staff advise it is not capable of streaming as some members try ,which slows down the system which in most areas are very rural "village"that to run fibre to would be far too expensive as many rural, (notclubsites)villages know only to well and at much higher prices than the £27 annual fee that is available to club members if utilized as we docoolwink

DavidKlyne replied on 03/01/2020 17:22

Posted on 03/01/2020 17:22

I often have a lot of problems connecting to the internet via the Club's WiFi. Generally don't have and issue using the Club website for free but it often doesn't recognise my log in on some sites and yet on others it comes up immediately, I have no explanation why this should happen. If there was a clue (but it can't be right) it seems to connect OK on sites where the 4G signal is poor? Whilst I accept that the annual pass is reasonable value if you spend lots of time on Club sites I would argue that it is poor value for one day/week passes and I think those costs should be lowered to one pound a day or a fiver for a week. Lowering those prices might even increase take up and be cost neutral if the Club is prepared to give it a go. I am not an advocate of free WiFi but do think the prices I mentioned should be looked at.

David

Tinwheeler replied on 20/01/2020 21:43

Posted on 20/01/2020 21:43

Me, too, Freddy. 

OH and I both tether Pads to my phone and it works like a dream. I’m not sure I’d describe it as free but there’s certainly no additional cost involved.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook