Caravan Club Non Insurance Policy

replied on 01/11/2019 22:56

Posted on 01/11/2019 22:56

A simple question. As the caravan club no longer offer caravan insurance as such what suggestions for a new insurer that does.

replied on 14/11/2019 20:44

Posted on 14/11/2019 20:44

Content has been removed.

DaveandVicki replied on 16/11/2019 22:20

Posted on 16/11/2019 22:20

Just read this on another forum:

Just noticed the following on the CMC site :-

"Please note:
Effective as of 2pm, 15 Nov 2019
As a consequence of the extreme weather conditions being experienced across the country, The Club has considered it prudent to implement the following temporary measures, applying only to members purchasing new caravan cover in relation to flood cover. The Club will continue to sell caravan cover but exclude any claims that are caused by or due to flooding where the caravan is stored or located in an area that has been the subject of:

• A severe flood warning
• A flood warning
• A flood alert

(Issued by The Government via any of its agencies*)

In addition the Club will exclude any claim caused by flood damage on any new cover purchased within the following geographical areas; specifically at or near 
South Yorkshire, the Lower River Don Washland
The River Derwent, Derbyshire
The River Trent, Nottinghamshire
In more general terms; South Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and the Midlands.

*The Environment Agency, Gov.UK, Scottish Environment Protection Agency, Natural Resources Wales and Nidirect.gov.uk

The Club will keep these measures under constant review and when the extreme weather conditions abate remove the restrictions."

As we live in one named area, have the caravan stored in another and are due to visit a third named area very soon, I'm glad we didn't take out this cover (because we wouldn't have been) 

Cornersteady replied on 16/11/2019 22:43

Posted on 16/11/2019 22:20 by DaveandVicki

Just noticed the following on the CMC site :-

"Please note:
Effective as of 2pm, 15 Nov 2019
As a consequence of the extreme weather conditions being experienced across the country, The Club has considered it prudent to implement the following temporary measures, applying only to members purchasing new caravan cover in relation to flood cover. The Club will continue to sell caravan cover but exclude any claims that are caused by or due to flooding where the caravan is stored or located in an area that has been the subject of:

• A severe flood warning
• A flood warning
• A flood alert

(Issued by The Government via any of its agencies*)

In addition the Club will exclude any claim caused by flood damage on any new cover purchased within the following geographical areas; specifically at or near 
South Yorkshire, the Lower River Don Washland
The River Derwent, Derbyshire
The River Trent, Nottinghamshire
In more general terms; South Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and the Midlands.

*The Environment Agency, Gov.UK, Scottish Environment Protection Agency, Natural Resources Wales and Nidirect.gov.uk

The Club will keep these measures under constant review and when the extreme weather conditions abate remove the restrictions."

As we live in one named area, have the caravan stored in another and are due to visit a third named area very soon, I'm glad we didn't take out this cover (because we wouldn't have been) 

Posted on 16/11/2019 22:43

applying only to members purchasing new caravan cover in relation to flood

flood damage on any new cover purchased within the following geographical areas

It only applies to new purchases of this cover, you (one) would have been covered if you had bought your cover before the said date and time.

replied on 16/11/2019 23:47

Posted on 16/11/2019 23:47

That was well publicised  ...... somewhere other than their cover webpages

replied on 17/11/2019 00:09

Posted on 17/11/2019 00:09

applying only to members purchasing new caravan cover in relation to flood

Can't see anybody purchasing or renewing until that changes. So with renewal due soon I would have gone elsewhere anyway 

That was well publicised  ...... somewhere other than their cover webpages

Ah I see it is down the side on CMC webpage. it only effects renewals or new cover. I wonder if those about to renew have been informed? I have already arranged cover elsewhere as I am soon to renew. If I had not already decided to jump ship I would have done after that announcement. It is one thing to impose that on new business but, in my view, not on to impose it on existing policies at renewal

replied on 17/11/2019 00:36

Posted on 17/11/2019 00:36

I suppose the good thing is that if your insurance auto renews today and you get flooded tomorrow in one of the areas mentioned then the CMC can use the discretion to pay  up anyway do you think?

Rufs replied on 17/11/2019 08:35

Posted on 17/11/2019 08:19 by Oneputt

Another 45 pages of speculation?

Posted on 17/11/2019 08:35

agreed, so much hot air, it is no different to household insurance if you live in areas that may be affected by flooding, and there have been many instances this week in the news where householders on checking their insurance found to their horror that they had no cover as a clause had been inserted into their policy document that they had not read or obviously not been informed about.

at least the club have made this statement

not sure your household insurer would be so generous, even if you had a 10 year drought in your area after flooding just the once.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook