Wi-fi on club sites

Senator5 replied on 28/07/2019 11:45

Posted on 28/07/2019 11:45

Just spent £345 for two weeks at Bladon Chains in Oxford. If I wanted wi-fi it would have cost me more.When we got the bus into Oxford wi-fi was free,when we went for something to eat wi-fi was free.Am I the only one who thinks we,re getting ripped off by the club when it comes to wi-fi on sites.

SteveL replied on 01/08/2019 08:15

Posted on 01/08/2019 08:15

Looks very interesting.

I suppose it will also depend how good the speed is on 3 where you live and if it is satisfactory for your needs. The mobile broadband here is fairly good, on EE at least, at 25 down and 5 up, which I would find acceptable if replicated on 3. However, it is well below what I am currently getting with fibre to the cabinet.

I notice they only seem to advertise 14 and then only for the Cube, the figure is not available for the Home Fi. I think if I was considering it I would want to be able to check the speeds over a period before committing to a 12 /24 month contract. I certainly wouldn't find 14 acceptable. 

Daft isn't it, as it's not that many years ago our BB was 0.5 MB and we thought it was great.😂

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook