Club Website.

Cawsey replied on 01/04/2020 21:55

Posted on 01/04/2020 21:55

I have been using the website for some cocerable time now ,many years .It has always been easy to use .Do you find it easy to use now .?

It is written for a touch screen.  It always seems to neet to load the screen twice .Searchng seems to be difficult . Is it me  or my browser .Any tips please ..

Phishing replied on 03/04/2020 10:47

Posted on 03/04/2020 10:47

The website is at best 'clunky', it is always dreadfully slow.

It should be compatible with all OS, but without knowing what OS and device you are using it is difficult to comment. 

Search function is not very good, but that is just poor code not the site as such. The search function should work fine but the delivered results are another matter.

You need to try another browser, see if it makes a difference.

Your perception it double loading is also a symptom of Adware. Try a malware removal tool.

DavidKlyne replied on 03/04/2020 11:52

Posted on 01/04/2020 21:55 by Cawsey

I have been using the website for some cocerable time now ,many years .It has always been easy to use .Do you find it easy to use now .?

It is written for a touch screen.  It always seems to neet to load the screen twice .Searchng seems to be difficult . Is it me  or my browser .Any tips please ..

Posted on 03/04/2020 11:52

Cawsey

A few more details would be useful like system and browser. I think over the years most of us have come to accept that this forum is far from perfect but most of us seem to manage OK. I use a Windows PC and Chrome as a browser and generally find it OK. Sometimes I have to double click on some links to get it to respond but its fairly rare. There have not been many days in the last eight years when I have not spent some time on the forum and generally I get by with it. It does slow down at times and we sometimes get server problems which is frustrating. 

David

young thomas replied on 06/04/2020 19:03

Posted on 06/04/2020 19:03

jist while this topic is being discussed...

i see one of Chas' photos (berlin wall) is cropping up all over the place, virus first thought..

however, i just went to load a smiley and the 'smile' one is in the form of this photo...

when you click it, it fills the screen....

anyone else noticed this?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook