Expert Advice Needed Please.....

LizzyK replied on 02/01/2021 15:41

Posted on 02/01/2021 15:41

Hi people, I kind of need help. I’m temporarily living in a caravan during lockdown until I’m able to find a suitable rental property. It’s a four berth but I don’t know what make/age etc. I’m at the back of my parents hooked up to the mains & all 240v sockets work. However, the fridge (which is electric or gas), the stove / oven & heater (also electric or gas) don’t work. As I don’t know the age or history (it was a panic purchase or I’d have been homeless) I’m not happy about using propane without knowing it’s safe. So any advice on how I can find out the make/age & think about getting it checked or replacing defective stuff would be really appreciated. I’m so grateful to my parents but I feel bad that I’m in their face because I can’t cook or wash up or shower without having to use their stuff!! Really need my independence back for all our sakes...

Amesford replied on 14/01/2021 11:04

Posted on 14/01/2021 11:04

Although the fridge/heater run on mains electric and gas it is controlled by the 12v volt circuit has  the charger been switched on ? 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook