New Bailey Leaking

Lynton replied on 10/02/2017 13:52

Posted on 10/02/2017 13:52

Afternoon all, just thought I let you know of the issues I have had with Bailey Brindisi and its repair issues.  Although the there is a 6 year ingress which can be extended to 10 years but all this does not make much of a difference when you have to wait nearly, currently 64 days (and counting) and still no sign of the part from Baileys suppliers.  Problem happened during a rally at Stonehaven, after a cold snap of weather, ( 5Dec 16) and we had the heating on and before we out for a function there was drip running down the wall inside the caravan from the coving mid way in the bedroom area.

Took Van to the dealership, who incidentally I have no issues with they are trying their best to get the van back to us, but the repair which happens to be at where the roof is joined with the front and back panels connected by strip and two end caps.  The dealership was promised that 17 Jan parts would be available from bailey then  hours to fix the van and a day for the new adhesive to take hold properly then van could be returned.  With another rally due in Feb 17th I asked for an update last week and the latest news is that part expected 20 Feb into Bailey then expressed mail up to my dealer who can effect a repair.  Bailey had commented that they are having issues with their supplier of the repair kit that they made for apparent on going issues with the join on Bailey caravans.  Absolutely fed up with Bailey, the van is 4 months old bought from new and it has been in the workshop almost as long as I have had it!! Not happy at all.   I live in hope that the part really does arrive on the 20th and fixed before the end of Feb 17.  Has anybody else had leaking issues with Bailey and shocking repair times, by the way I appreciate the 2 week shut down for xmas. 

Nightmare Lynton

cardiffboy replied on 18/08/2020 15:38

Posted on 18/08/2020 15:38

I have a 5 year old Coachman VIP bought from new no problems what so ever more expensive yes but you only get what you pay for

Bryn Whyte replied on 19/08/2020 10:49

Posted on 19/08/2020 10:49

Thats just what i was thinking when i paid £24k for a cartagena 3 caravan that has just leaked after 4 years. Clearly the argument is not  " you get what you pay for"!

KeithL replied on 19/08/2020 15:00

Posted on 19/08/2020 15:00

Getting caravan parts is always a nightmare. Had a lovely person crowbar our door off the van when in the south of France. Taped up to get back to uk then took 3 months to get a new door. Dealers fitted it within 12 hours of receiving it but most of the season was missed thanks to the delay.

replied on 15/02/2021 20:17

Posted on 15/02/2021 20:17

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

cabbiemick replied on 18/02/2021 17:57

Posted on 18/02/2021 17:57

As anyone had any damp problem with series 4 bailey ours is two years old but we have not been ini it for 14 months because of corna we did have it serviced may last year no damp we had to go down last weekend because we were informed our alarm was going off nothing untoward but it did smell a bit damp .bit worried as our two year old lunar was written off because of 80% damp

ADP1963 replied on 18/02/2021 19:55

Posted on 18/02/2021 19:55

The decline in quality of Lunar caravans from about 2010 was dramatic. My Lunar Delta is a 2007 model and remains as dry as a chip. It will last us as long as we remain caravaner's, as nothing impresses us with new caravans, they are only newer as we have all the toys in ours. It seems that all caravans now have water ingress problems irregardless of the price, which also suggests things have not changed much. Personally I think the industry treats the customers as suckers. 

Bryn Whyte replied on 18/02/2021 21:11

Posted on 18/02/2021 21:11

I to have had issues with my 2016 Bailey Cartagena 3, poor build quality and quality control unfit for purpose!

DSB replied on 24/02/2021 23:45

Posted on 24/02/2021 23:45

We recently had a small leak from the roof.  Apparently, the roof strap problem has occurred on a number of caravans.  Our dealer did a temporary repair until the new part arrived.  It was only a very small leak which was sorted completely.  It did take about 8 weeks for the part to arrive.  The temporary repair appeared to solve the problem but all is sorted now.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook