Truma cp switches off when mains on

TonishaneDolan replied on 07/03/2020 12:58

Posted on 07/03/2020 12:58

Hi, 

Heating system started with fault in electric the water heater would only run on gas. Changed top fuse nothing. Then changed bottom fuse .it showed fault code that no mains electric was not connect so connected and done factory reset. Now cp only shows clock and spanner. It also switch off when mains power switched on. And restarts if mains power switched off even if already in off position. 

Any ideas on how to solve

DavidKlyne replied on 08/03/2020 09:31

Posted on 08/03/2020 06:54 by young thomas

David, to get ahead of the game and perhaps give your dealer a bit more to go on you could try the test i described above....ie try the unit on gas only and this will confirm if the unit has the fault (fan not working?) on electric only or on all fuels...

if it fires up OK on gas, then the issue is linked to mains running...if it wont run properly on gas then its a consistent issue on all fuels...

in which case, as with the OP, this could be a PCB issue...

good luck.

ps....FWIW ive found the CP Plus versions (weve had two) to be incredibly reliable and havent had a fault/error on either in over five years other than 'youve run out of gas'.

Posted on 08/03/2020 09:31

BB

I have tried that to no avail. It's been perfectly reliable up until this problem. Because we were having the kitchen at home replaced we thought we would use the motorhome as a base for cooking and eating. Previously I had drained everything down and used the heating only successfully. It was when I was preparing the van for a period of home habitation that the problem started. Strangely it does seem to take more than a few seconds for the error to appear. You can hear the boiler click which indicates it has 12v but then nothing. I did fill the system with water and it wouldn't even heat the water. As you say probably a PCB problem, either a fuse or the board. Haven't tried it for a while so perhaps I should have another try before it goes in for service on Friday?

David 

PS Just an update. This morning I disconnected the 12v supply at the battery in the hope that it would clear any errors that might just be in the system.  Unfortunately not the case!

HappyCaravanners2010 replied on 10/05/2021 20:20

Posted on 10/05/2021 20:20

Had exactly the same issue on our new van. Dealership admits it shouldn’t have happened and until the code is cleared by doing a hard reset it’ll not work! They believe during PDI they may have shut the gas off before shutting the system down fully, hence the E517 error.

I also found this really useful YouTube video explaining all....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lrps0ywSjhA

kenexton replied on 11/05/2021 08:11

Posted on 11/05/2021 08:11

BB, on another thread,you gave a comprehensive account of how the Truma Combi's HW system works.I had my first hot shower of this Covid restricted trip away,taken shortly after my Wife's use of the shower,this morning.👍

Thanks, a much enjoyed change.

Chrisparris replied on 15/05/2021 11:15

Posted on 15/05/2021 11:15

I have similar problems with my truma combi boiler.  It works perfectly on Gas.  But constantly throws up an error code E45H.  I did think it might be that we were on a site that only produced 10amps but have checked it at home and am getting the same fault.  Have tried to press reset button to no avail.  also cleaned all round unit as this was the so called fault of overheating by local dealership.

I don't mind using the gas but I am of the opinion that if its on the vehicle it should work. It's a 2014 Swift Challenger Sport. 

any help would be appreciated.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook