2019 Peugeot Boxer touch screen unit removal

robinofstackpole replied on 24/11/2019 17:13

Posted on 24/11/2019 17:13

Hi, I've got a 2019 Bailey 79-4, peugeot boxer base. Does anyone know how to get at the back of the touch screen / nav/ radio unit?

I'd like to reroute the camera feed from this unit to a mirror mounted screen so that I can use it as a rear view camera not just a reversing camera.

Apologies if this has been covered before, this is my first post.

young thomas replied on 25/11/2019 08:08

Posted on 25/11/2019 08:08

i havent had cause to remove ours but these are normally supplied with a pair of flat metal 'prongs' that slide into slots and release catches enabling the unit to slide forward.....well thats how many an old radio unit workedembarassed

however, cant the 'reverse' display be set to 'always on' so that it effectively becomes a camera, without having to physically change any wiring?

my camera has its own small display screen seperate from the centre 'sat nav/radio' one, and it is set to always on and is a 'rear view mirror', whereas a previous (Swift) on only activated when reverse was selected.

Heethers replied on 25/11/2019 08:50

Posted on 25/11/2019 08:50

l have the reversing camera set so its looking at the back so l can reverse, also set in away that l can see what's immediately behind me a good 50 yards up the road, anything further l use the wing mirrors, works perfectly. l can turn mine on and off with the button on the camera, mines attached to the driving mirror. I thought there was two cameras on the Bailey one looking up the road and one looking directly behind an you toggle between the two

robinofstackpole replied on 25/11/2019 09:29

Posted on 25/11/2019 09:29

Hi, thank you both for your replies..

The Bailey only has one camera with the feed through the inbuilt radio / nav system.

The camera is activated by the reverse gear selection and once on prevents use of any other  functions. It is a fairly wide angle so would work well as a rear view.

The unit fits tight into the dash so I can't see how I would get any release pins past it

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook