Bailey Adamo 75-4I

Kmcm replied on 30/04/2021 21:46

Posted on 30/04/2021 21:46

Hi

We have the above motorhome and need to double check  how we drain the grey water tank.  There is a handle on the end of a metal rod behind the rear drivers side wheel, is that the handle we use? 
As you can probably tell, we are new motorhomers! 

Cheers

Katy 

young thomas replied on 06/05/2021 12:50

Posted on 06/05/2021 12:50

David, cant a short hose be screwed onto the pipe (once silly cap is dumped) and guided into a 'wastemaster' or similar?....

EmilysDad replied on 06/05/2021 12:56

Posted on 06/05/2021 12:28 by young thomas

Janet, if the water is overflowing inside the van then its likely that the 'inspection cap' (large screw on cap, used to get hand/brush inside for cleaning) isnt screwed on tightly...easy to check, might even be cross threaded, unscrew it and refit again.

of this isnt the case for the leak, then between the two of you, you may have to do a bit of investigation...one filling slowly and the other watching the top of the tank where the water appears to be coming into the van....hope it doesnt come to that.

secondly, there will be an overflow facility...generally one of two types..

either there are holes in the top of the tank....this may be the case with the Adamo but if the inspection cap is open the water may not get that high....

or there is a breather/overflow which links the tank back to the filler hole. my van has an inspection cap and this type of overflow. if the cap is screwed down tightly the water (and any expelled air) will come back up to the neck of the filler.

my van has a very accurate level gauge and i stick the hose in, watch the gauge and when it hits full, walk round to the filler and gradually reduce the flow via the hose tip....i can then hear the water gurgling up the filler and i let it gently get to the top and when it appears at the filler neck i turn off the hose. tank fully filled.

good luck.

Posted on 06/05/2021 12:56

Not a motorhome, but my Lunar had a MH type water tank. I flooded my caravan due to a great big split in the inspection lid. CAK Tanks Page 17 item No4

Kmcm replied on 10/05/2021 19:18

Posted on 06/05/2021 11:50 by ScreenName9610B070E7

Hi Katy, we are also new to motorhomes, never had a caravan and never camped, so green as grass here! We have the same model as yours and picked it up on Saturday 1st May 2021! How are you managing when you fill the fresh water tank up? We have had 2 floods so far, as there seems to be no overflow pipe on ours. The owners manual says there is an overflow pipe, the technician where we bought it from says there isn't any overflow on motorhomes, which i find strange and hard to believe! Baileys say there is one and we have read somewhere, but cant find the thread again that there is a design fault and they forgot to put holes for overflows in the tank.  It just runs from the top of the tank into the kitchen and lounge area! We have also managed to blow the fuse to the auxiliary switches as well! I just dont understand why they make 12 volt appliances that you cant plug in anywhere! Where and who has the auxiliary sockets that take a 12 volt, 150 watt hairdryer? Why do they make these appliances that you cant use!?? Plus I cant seem to find a Bailey Adamo 75 4i model to add it to my profile as yet and haven't decided what to do about it yet, hence it seems my screen name is random numbers lol Regards, Janet. P.S. my mind is scrambled with water and electric and this has never been a good combination lol

Posted on 10/05/2021 19:18

Hi Janet

Well we are now on our first site…we have water and electric! 

I’m very sorry you had a flood, that’s horrible! Did you use the water fill setting on main control panel? We used it and watched the percentage go up. Bit nervous so stopped it at 70%! 😂 

It’s a steep learning curve that’s for sure. Still think the grey water tank is leaking under the motorhome. Heading down to the dealership in June for a few ‘snagging’ issues. 

We haven’t used any 3 pin plug items yet. To be honest we will likely use facilities on site where we can. Although we do have a microwave plugged in. 
Hope your water issues get sorted soon  

young thomas replied on 11/05/2021 07:30

Posted on 11/05/2021 07:30

Janet, even a very low power hairdryer at 150w draws 12.5 amp at 12v. thats quite a chunk, most 12 usb type sockets deliver up to 5 amps but may be fused slightly higher at perhaps 10 amps....even at this level, the dryer would blow the fuse.

easiest solution is to run your own extra cable (suitably sized and fused)  directly from the leisure battery to a convenient new USB point for use and this should cover it. 

have you checked the seating of the inspection cap....if fitted? did this cure the leak?

young thomas replied on 11/05/2021 12:30

Posted on 11/05/2021 08:03 by JVB66

Janet when on sites there are two pieces of domestic equipment that cause more earth trips on site ehu bollards than any other,

1  Electric  toasterssurprised

2 Hair dryerssurprised

Posted on 11/05/2021 12:30

"Where and who has the auxiliary sockets that take a 12 volt, 150 watt hairdryer?"

great info JVB, 😉 but Janet is talking about a 12v hairdryer which has nothing to do with any site mains EHU bollard.

shes wondering why a unit thst draws 12.5 amp keeps blowing a (standard 12v) outlet designed for between 5 and 10 amps. 

ScreenName7A2268BEA5 replied on 17/07/2021 15:10

Posted on 17/07/2021 15:10

Hi having same problem with grey waste  is there a fitment available to attach  a grey waste hose for the adamo  would save a lot of problems

davejames replied on 25/07/2021 11:37

Posted on 25/07/2021 11:37

3 comments (based on 4 months in our Adamo 75-4i) 

1) There is an overflow on my freshwater tank, but despite brimming the tank (with the blue screw cap on!) I couldn’t see an overflow stream under the van. So I traced all the pipe work and found that the overflow was discharging directly onto the metal chassis which diverted it into a series of droplets all over the place - so it was working, just! 

2) The freshwater tank gauge is worse than useless, despite dealer attention, it fluctuates wildly regardless of the physical water in the tank. I have to check and refill by eye to avoid flooding or drought. Recalibration makes no difference. 

3) The waste water pipe is large and excellent if over a grid (fast discharge) - but any ideas how to empty it into a container if on a pitch? 
I am thinking of running some pipe work (same bore or via a reducer) to a tap at the side of the van to drain it off there. 
Any brainwaves? 

Dave

DavidKlyne replied on 25/07/2021 15:09

Posted on 25/07/2021 11:37 by davejames

3 comments (based on 4 months in our Adamo 75-4i) 

1) There is an overflow on my freshwater tank, but despite brimming the tank (with the blue screw cap on!) I couldn’t see an overflow stream under the van. So I traced all the pipe work and found that the overflow was discharging directly onto the metal chassis which diverted it into a series of droplets all over the place - so it was working, just! 

2) The freshwater tank gauge is worse than useless, despite dealer attention, it fluctuates wildly regardless of the physical water in the tank. I have to check and refill by eye to avoid flooding or drought. Recalibration makes no difference. 

3) The waste water pipe is large and excellent if over a grid (fast discharge) - but any ideas how to empty it into a container if on a pitch? 
I am thinking of running some pipe work (same bore or via a reducer) to a tap at the side of the van to drain it off there. 
Any brainwaves? 

Dave

Posted on 25/07/2021 15:09

Dave

Did you know there was a Bailey Motorhome Owners Facebook group?  The issues you are encountering, certainly number 3, I seem to recall someone doing as you suggest. 

I also seem to recall some fitting a third party tank gauge with its own display which they thought gave more reliable results.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook