Benimar Mileo 286 or Tessoro T486? Advice please.

Matrix888 replied on 21/10/2020 15:13

Posted on 21/10/2020 15:13

Hi. Any thoughts to offer on these Benimar models please?  We planned to buy a Mileo 286 in time for the 2021 season then saw a Tessoro T486 and thought - isn't this basically the same habitation unit with a Ford instead of a Fiat base vehicle and a few minor trim differences?  If you chose one or the other model and are prepared to reveal your reasons that would be much appreciated.  We're looking to buy before March. Thanks.

Kasspa replied on 22/10/2020 16:42

Posted on 22/10/2020 16:42

From what I can see on Marquis Leisure site using their 'comparison' the main difference is the Ford 170 bhp cab/engine to the Fiat 160bhp

Sat nav in Tessoro is a 9" with Android/Apple compatability, the small screen in the Fiat is not ideal & I use my phone but am looking to purchase the Navtech

Payload on Tessoro is + 20Kg but neither are massive.

Check out the position of the switch for the drop down bed, if it is between the ladder it has proved to be problematic as you can touch it inadvertently & it can blow the 20 amp fuse, not fun to replace with the bed down!!!!

Personally, I liked the aesthetics of the Fiat cab.

https://www.marquisleisure.co.uk/motorhomes/compare

Not sure if that link will work....

Overall we are very happy with our Benimar, despite the rattles & creaks of the flexing fibreglass which I assume all brands have....

Good luck with your search.

Matrix888 replied on 22/10/2020 17:03

Posted on 22/10/2020 17:03

Thanks very much for your post. I think we're agreed that there isn't much difference in the habitation units, only the base vehicles.  I was told that the latest Ducato update (2020 onwards) with Euro 6d-TEMP engines (needing adBlue and also offering a "real" automatic gearbox option), has a 7" dashboard screen with Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto. Good tip on the drop-down bed!  The bed wouldn't be the only thing blowing a fuse! 

Tinwheeler replied on 22/10/2020 17:12

Posted on 22/10/2020 17:03 by Matrix888

Thanks very much for your post. I think we're agreed that there isn't much difference in the habitation units, only the base vehicles.  I was told that the latest Ducato update (2020 onwards) with Euro 6d-TEMP engines (needing adBlue and also offering a "real" automatic gearbox option), has a 7" dashboard screen with Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto. Good tip on the drop-down bed!  The bed wouldn't be the only thing blowing a fuse! 

Posted on 22/10/2020 17:12

We have the 2020 Ducato with the TC 9 speed auto. The gearbox is brilliant but the satnav screen is too small to be easily read. We use a Garmin 6.95” satnav instead. Yes, Fiat does the Apple/Android stuff.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook