Burstner Ixeo I744 headlamp adjustment for France

Morrissey Family replied on 07/02/2020 10:07

Posted on 07/02/2020 10:07

Hi, I'm rather new to this great leisure activity. I'm struggling to get a definitive reply to whether the Burstner Ixeo I744 (UK registered) requires headlamp deflectors for France. I've searched the forum but to no avail. Has anybody got any experience on this please?

Many thanks

Nick

KeithandMargaret replied on 07/02/2020 19:19

Posted on 07/02/2020 19:19

I didn't realise anyone actually altered their headlights for driving in France - I can't remember seeing black tape or headlight deflectors on UK Motorhomes in France for the last decade or more.

Setting headlights on their lowest dip point seems to be the normal way to do it.

French drivers usually have their beams pointing everywhere except their side of the road and I've never heard of or seen any UK vans stopped for not having the correct beam alignment.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if someone on these forums has ......

This might help -

MichaelT replied on 07/02/2020 20:15

Posted on 07/02/2020 19:19 by KeithandMargaret

I didn't realise anyone actually altered their headlights for driving in France - I can't remember seeing black tape or headlight deflectors on UK Motorhomes in France for the last decade or more.

Setting headlights on their lowest dip point seems to be the normal way to do it.

French drivers usually have their beams pointing everywhere except their side of the road and I've never heard of or seen any UK vans stopped for not having the correct beam alignment.

This might help -

Posted on 07/02/2020 20:15

I think continental vehicles have a flat beam and not like ours pointing to the side of the road.

EmilysDad replied on 07/02/2020 20:54

Posted on 07/02/2020 19:19 by KeithandMargaret

This might help -

Posted on 07/02/2020 20:54

I can't remember seeing black tape or headlight deflectors on UK Motorhomes in France for the last decade or more.

Is that not because more modern headlights have a shutter inside them to cover the kick up to the left? .... The HIDs of my Omega did, as did the projector lights of my R Class & this ML will give a symmetrical beam via the dash

Morrissey Family replied on 08/02/2020 18:05

Posted on 08/02/2020 18:05

Thanks for all your very practical help and for sharing your experience, the video was also very useful. I'll contact Burstner, but in the mean time not worry too much about it!

Many thanks again.

young thomas replied on 11/02/2020 08:42

Posted on 07/02/2020 17:24 by MichaelT

Looks like they are Hella headlights, behind them there are some screws, yo remove one then loosen the others and turn 30 degrees, this then gives yo a flat beam, it is what I have done and left it permanently even for UK.  

Here is a video no need to take the light out completely you can do it in situ but it may be a bit tight to get your head in, I was OK on mine but had to be a bit of  a contortionist.

Posted on 11/02/2020 08:42

agree with Michael, A-class lights wont be described in a Fiat manual..

the OP could check with the dealer who 'should' know..

ours are like you say, loosen the light and rotate it....but i dont bother.undecided

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook