Carado Motorhomes

Martatin replied on 06/07/2019 12:57

Posted on 06/07/2019 12:57

We currently have a Chausson Flash 510. We bought it new and are in our fourth season having covered 20 K miles. Been disappointed with build quality and water ingress problems. Thinking we might change and looking at Carado T132. Has anyone had experience of a Carado. All comments gratefully received. 

BlueVanMan replied on 17/07/2019 17:01

Posted on 11/07/2019 08:18 by young thomas

Laika are very well respected and sit in 'joint 2nd place' (alongside Hymer) in the Erwin Hymer Group (EHG) 'tree'....

N+B have the honour of being 'top dog' in the group...

Laika (AFAIK) don't have a sub-brand as do the others mentioned earlier, so a cheaper, new 'Laika' isn't 'Laikly'wink

Posted on 17/07/2019 17:01

Etrusco is a Hymer brand built at the same production facility in Tuscany (Italy) as Laika. They build RHD A Class and Coachbuits and their brochure claims

"Italian design and exacting German engineering - at a truly competitive price.".

Having seen them locally I suspect they are  "budget" Laikas 

young thomas replied on 17/07/2019 20:01

Posted on 17/07/2019 17:01 by BlueVanMan

Etrusco is a Hymer brand built at the same production facility in Tuscany (Italy) as Laika. They build RHD A Class and Coachbuits and their brochure claims

"Italian design and exacting German engineering - at a truly competitive price.".

Having seen them locally I suspect they are  "budget" Laikas 

Posted on 17/07/2019 20:01

you may well be right, Etrusco has just appeared on the UK EHG radar...

even more competition for the UK mid range...

cyberyacht replied on 17/07/2019 21:41

Posted on 17/07/2019 21:41

In answer to the earlier follow up:-

"In October our Carado is 2 years old. We love it, they are not as solidly built as older motorhomes, like most now. But I made a couple of mods on 2 items to make them stronger, nothing serious. At the comparative price I think they are good value. We have the 2.3 cc 130 multijet Fiat Ducati engine. We find it has ample power & quite economical. Excellent after sales 2 year warranty by Fiat includes roadside breakdown in Europe. "

Jetstar replied on 28/04/2022 20:18

Posted on 28/04/2022 20:18

With regard to Carado, all I can say is that my Carado i339 is completely perfect at 3-years old, and has been trouble-free since day-1. In fact, on delivery I spoke with the chief engineer at the dealership; he told me off the record that Carado vehicles in general present the fewest issues and have the quietest drive - along with Cathago (unlike certain brands which can spend 3-days in the workshop before being snag-free enough for handover). Expect solid build that just impresses more and more the better you get to know your vehicle. I was even pleasantly surprised that the cost of a new windscreen if required isn't too bad at all, even though it's an A-Class. A Carado won't have quite the snazzy panache of say an Itineo, but if you're looking for build quality .. look no further.

cyberyacht replied on 30/04/2022 14:03

Posted on 30/04/2022 14:03

Notwithstanding my report of two years ago, my mate in Spain has since had no end of problems subsequently and last year got rid of the Carado and bought an older Hymer Swing with which he is most content.

Martatin replied on 05/05/2022 18:46

Posted on 05/05/2022 18:46

I collected my Carado T132 in March 2020 just before lockdown. Haven’t ventured abroad yet, hopefully next month. 2 years on we have done 6,000 miles and 150 nights. Like Jetstar so far so good pleased with build quality etc. Cyberyacht sorry to hear your mate in Spain unhappy with his after his positive comments 2 years ago. What sort of problems did he have with his Carado ?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook