Elddis Majestic 155 (2019) alarm problem

Dollynopper replied on 02/07/2019 09:54

Posted on 02/07/2019 09:54

HELP!

My alarm has being going off for seemingly no apparent reason!

Unfortunately during the nights of Sunday and Monday and at 7am this morning!

I pressed the alarm's off mode switch on my key fob-switched it back on again-quiet for an hour or so!

Then the alarm went off again!

I again stopped it from from making the usual rackett,  got dressed went outside to check all the doors and windows were shut properly on my motorhome-went inside the motorhome looked all around-everything looked ok!

I looked the habitation door-pressed the alarm activation button on my key fob but then instead of making the usual 1 beep sound as it locks - It instead made 3 or 4 short beep sounds then locked!

So to me it indicates some sort of fault !!

I am going to try and get in touch with the technical dept. at my main dealership, in the meantime has anyone experienced this sort of problem on their motorhome from the Elddis range?

Many thanks Les. 

MalcMc replied on 02/07/2019 10:36

Posted on 02/07/2019 10:36

I had a similar issue, in a M\H, I reply because the number of beeps indicates what the fault is, when I called in they went straight to fault, rectified by tightening a spring bolt, been perfect since, good luck. Malc

peedee replied on 02/07/2019 11:29

Posted on 02/07/2019 11:29

Could be that simple.

Yes, it can be as simple as a bunch of keys moving as the van is rocked in the wind. Yiou may be able to get the sensitivity of the movement detector adjusted. I rarely set my internal detectors because there is so much in the van that could trigger them

peedee

dougA replied on 07/07/2019 22:59

Posted on 02/07/2019 09:54 by Dollynopper

HELP!

My alarm has being going off for seemingly no apparent reason!

Unfortunately during the nights of Sunday and Monday and at 7am this morning!

I pressed the alarm's off mode switch on my key fob-switched it back on again-quiet for an hour or so!

Then the alarm went off again!

I again stopped it from from making the usual rackett,  got dressed went outside to check all the doors and windows were shut properly on my motorhome-went inside the motorhome looked all around-everything looked ok!

I looked the habitation door-pressed the alarm activation button on my key fob but then instead of making the usual 1 beep sound as it locks - It instead made 3 or 4 short beep sounds then locked!

So to me it indicates some sort of fault !!

I am going to try and get in touch with the technical dept. at my main dealership, in the meantime has anyone experienced this sort of problem on their motorhome from the Elddis range?

Many thanks Les. 

Posted on 07/07/2019 22:59

Hi I had a similar issue with my Elddis. The problem was through time the alarm front bonnet switch started to push into the soundproofing material under the bonnet causing an indentation which allows the push button alarm switch to extract and  activates the alarm as it thinks the bonnet has been opened. 

JohnE replied on 28/07/2019 19:52

Posted on 28/07/2019 19:52

Hi Dollynopper, did you get this problem sorted?

On Wednesday 24th July I collected a Majestic 275 and when I got home I killed the alarm some 10-12 times. It went back to supplier next morning who immediately pounced on bonnet sensor.

Got it home later that morning and alarm was wailing away again. They collected it that afternoon, and I'm still awaiting feedback. Chase them tomorrow.

Hence my question! Interested party.

John E

ATDel replied on 01/08/2019 08:24

Posted on 01/08/2019 08:24

If not sorted it could be the battery in the movement sensor on the ceiling, it has its own battery.

We have the same van albeit a Sunseeker and have read about the alarm activating due to this battery needing replacing

JohnE replied on 01/08/2019 17:38

Posted on 01/08/2019 17:38

Hi all. Majestic 275 been back with supplier over a week now and not any closer to getting our hands on our first Motorhome. Beginning to wish we stuck with a caravan. Handover of a NEW vehicle can.t ever have been more annoying.

They even spent a day talking with Base Systems who (I believe) make Autowatch alarms. Getting utterly fed up with the whole thing. Hopefully tomorrow will bring us some good news and sunshine.

Sorry folks, rant over.

John E

JohnE replied on 07/08/2019 17:22

Posted on 07/08/2019 17:22

Hi folks, finally collected the motorhome on Friday and the alarm has behaved itself since then. Hooray.

Worryingly neither Marquis nor Base Systems can be absolutely sure what was wrong, just grateful it has been sorted. Time will tell but all good at the moment.

John E

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook