Electric powered MH 2021

derekcyril replied on 20/11/2019 14:49

Posted on 19/11/2019 16:58 by Navigateur

These cables contain a lot of copper so are far more likely to be stolen, set on fire somewhere to burn off the plastic insulation to get at the copper, and recycled somewhere on the shady side of the scrap yard.

Posted on 20/11/2019 14:49

Exactly ,that was my point . Seems we now have more people posting , being realistic , In an ideal world we are wrong , but we are being led by the nose with hype , seen political garbage coming out before the election ? Must start a windfarm , then i get paid even if no wind ..Guess who pays ?

SeasideBill replied on 20/11/2019 15:13

Posted on 20/11/2019 15:13

The point about cables is obviously valid, but is it in itself reason not to install public charging points? Railways suffer exactly the same problem, but the impact is random disruption rather than bringing the whole network down? 

Navigateur replied on 22/11/2019 08:53

Posted on 22/11/2019 08:53

The original script writing team for Star Trek came up with a whole host of ideas as to how things would work in the future and many of them have already moved from fiction to fact. We won't be getting the transporters any time soon, but I wonder what their line of thought would propose for future caravans rather than the current "just make it smaller and lighter" designs.

cyberyacht replied on 26/11/2019 09:20

Posted on 26/11/2019 09:20

Leaving aside the price, it does look rather interesting. The range at 250 miles is reasonable but it would tend to preclude spending a few nights sequentially on aires unless they were pretty close together. For such a vehicle to go mainstream there is going to need to be a massive investment in the charging network.

brue replied on 26/11/2019 09:25

Posted on 26/11/2019 09:25

I see the latest C&CC mag has devoted several pages to the future of touring, haven't had time to read it yet.

JVB66 replied on 26/11/2019 10:40

Posted on 26/11/2019 09:25 by brue

I see the latest C&CC mag has devoted several pages to the future of touring, haven't had time to read it yet.

Posted on 26/11/2019 10:40

I had a read it yesterday quite interesting  the way some are looking at future vehicles being made much lighter and that we may well have to reduce the amount of must have lifestyle on board kit,the "electric assist "caravan with on board battery and regen down hill charge looks as if it is going to be a heavy vehiclesurprised

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook