Fiat Ducato recall

Vincevan replied on 19/02/2020 17:02

Posted on 19/02/2020 17:02

Hi, we have just received notification from Fiat that there is a potential problem on a number of Fiat Ducato vehicles with the (and I quote) "brakeline retaining clip which may not be fixed correctly to the tucker on the dashboard wall due to a production non-conformity. This non-conformity could cause the brake lines to touch other medhanical parts.  The repair procedure is to check the clip is fixed correctly and correct where necessary. Fiat ref:  6255".  Our motorhome is mounted on a Fiat Ducato.

A list of Fiat Professional Retailers was enclosed with the notification letter but ringing round such retailers to get this dealt with is proving really difficult to get an appointment.  One retailer said it could not be checked out til July!!  We have finally found one who can do this at the end of March so using the motorhome would, we were told, be at our own risk!!  

I would urge anyone similarly affected to try to make contact with a relevant dealer before the world and his wife descends trying to get this checked out!!!

Hja replied on 19/02/2020 17:15

Posted on 19/02/2020 17:15

We have fared better.  Had our recall letter about a week ago and are booked into SMC Newark for 27 February with no problem.  They did say that the vast majority were fine - just the quick check, but that if we needed to have more work done they needed to get permission from Fiat which would take 48 hours and we could not take the motorhome away from their workshop - so need to be able to get back home - for us, about 20 miles.

Just a heads up - they may need to see your "log book" - it is to do with warranty start dates if necessary info not on their system.

statusMoty1 replied on 19/02/2020 20:42

Posted on 19/02/2020 20:42

We have not received a letter, is there a year/registration that is recalled ?

Vincevan replied on 20/02/2020 08:46

Posted on 20/02/2020 08:46

Sorry, but can't answer that one but my husband was asked for the reference quoted in the letter.  Presumably if you don't get a letter you are not affected.  Might be worth enquiring of your local Fiat commercial dealer.  It's not just motorhomes but also all the white vans hence the delay in getting an appointment!

SteveL replied on 20/02/2020 12:21

Posted on 20/02/2020 12:21

We took ours in for a habitation check on Tuesday. However, they also have a Fiat Service Centre and are able to carry out recalls. They told us when we arrived that there was a safety recall on it and they would do that as well as the hab service. Letter didn't arrive until today, so you clearly don't need the letter, the dealers have access to which vehicles are affected.

Hja replied on 20/02/2020 12:32

Posted on 19/02/2020 20:42 by statusMoty1

We have not received a letter, is there a year/registration that is recalled ?

Posted on 20/02/2020 12:32

ours is 2019, beyond that, cant help.  I think you can look recalls up on line somewhere.

Tinwheeler replied on 20/02/2020 13:00

Posted on 20/02/2020 13:00

Knowing the Sevel vehicles are virtually identical, I’ve just checked my 2017 Peugeot Boxer lll on the Govt website I linked to above and, yes, it is subject to a recall for the same issue. I’ve booked it in at my local Peugeot dealer for next week.

Thankyou, Vincevan, for the heads up.

Incidentally, safety recalls by the manufacturer are not only for vehicles in warranty but for all.

young thomas replied on 28/02/2020 07:32

Posted on 28/02/2020 07:32

the issue is the small pipe clips highlighted in this photo....they need to be checked and if all ok, no action...

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook