Fridge defrosting?

greylag replied on 14/08/2019 14:44

Posted on 14/08/2019 14:44

We often have water droplets on the contents of our fridge.  It seems to be a normal defrosting cycle, although we can never be sure when it is going to happen.  At the back just under the freezer there is a ledge, which has a circular recess to one side and I wonder if this is a drain for these water droplets?

Does anyone know what this is for?

JVB66 replied on 14/08/2019 16:20

Posted on 14/08/2019 16:20

It is the natural way the fridge works, and the ridge is the channel which should direct the water droplets into the hole in the middle,to direct the water to the rear of the fridge where they should evaporate with heat from the operation of the coolant fins